Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple echos and cuts too slow Post 302278779 by dlam on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 06:36:58 AM
Old 01-21-2009
Hi guys, well I was still having speed problem (albeit it was taking about 10 seconds to process the file instead of 50 seconds - it is a really big file) because both solutions required me to use a cut to fill the variables which obviously slowed it down a fair bit. I did a bit more digging around and thought I would share what I have come up with instead which takes less than 1 second to complete:

Code:
while read monkey
do
   set x $monkey
   TOTALTIMESTART=$(($((${2}*36000000))+$((${3}*60000))+$((${4}*1000))+$5))
   TOTALTIMEEND=$(($((${6}*36000000))+$((${7}*60000))+$((${8}*1000))+$9))
   (( TIMEVAR=($TOTALTIMEEND-$TOTALTIMESTART) ))
   do some stuff
done < $1

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple cuts syntax problem

Hi All, I need some help with multiple cut and paste, at the moment I have a shell script that uses the following cuts ( this is just some) cut -c1-92 WAITING > col1 .....etc etc etc cut -c93-98 WAITING > col17 # blank_spaces cut -c99-104 WAITING > col18 # Date cut -c105... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unknown event - daemon mode cuts programs from resources

Hi Guys. First of all Im not keen on os stuff, thus not sure what I should look for to solve my problem, Thats why Im posting before getting deeper into forums. Here is my problem. Im working on academic network - Solaris 7-10. Where parts of configuration is made by students (Im still one).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baranowb
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Custom short cuts not working on JDS

Hello, I had created a shortcut to open up a gnome-terminal by pressing <Alt>m. This worked fine, until I logged out and logged back in. gnome-terminal no longer opens. However, the process is created, as evidenced by the gnome-terminal showing up on my process list. I've created and deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cooldude
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipeing Individual Echos

Hello Yes I'm a noob so thanks for your help. I have a unix exicutable that renders video under os x (unix). As it renders frames it echos (or outputs) information to the terminal about which frame it's up too an how long it took etc. I am looking for a way to pipe this information so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mortocks
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Create/remove desktop short cuts via command line RHEL 6.3....

I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3... I googled all over the place could never find what I needed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruberked
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python script cuts off early

I wasn't sure if this should go in the networking board or not, since I am trying to log into routers, however I don't think my script issues have anything to do with the routers themselves.... I am trying to write a script that will log into various routers we have on the network and determine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal telnet echos garbage

i am trying to make powerterm not echo back this charactor. ≥ When I press control-C I get it that telnet charactor/garbage echos back. how to turn off? where? what config? is there something in powerterm to switch on/off? I do not see it. Redhats offical statement is: "I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
10 Replies
PARSEC47(6)															       PARSEC47(6)

NAME
parsec47 - retromodern hispeed shmup DESCRIPTION
Defeat retro enemies modernly. PARSEC47 is a retromodern hi-speed shoot 'em up where you get to defeat retro enemies modernly. The player must destroy enemies while avoiding their projectiles and collecting green clusters of boxes for points. OPTIONS
These options are available: -brightness n Set the brightness of the screen.(n = 0 - 100, default = 100) -luminous n Set the luminous intensity.(n = 0 - 100, default = 0) -lowres Use the low resolution mode. -nosound Stop the sound. -window Launch the game in a window. -fullscreen Launch the game in fullscreen. -reverse Reverse the shot key and the slow key. -slowship Use the slow speed ship in all game modes. -nowait Disable the intentional slowdown. USAGE
How to play: Movement Arrow/Num key / Joystick Shot [Z][L-Ctrl] / Trigger 1, 4, 5, 8 Slow / Roll, Lock [X][L-Alt][L-Shift] / Trigger 2, 3, 6, 7 Pause [P] Select the stage by a keyboard or a joystick. Press a shot key to start the game. All stages are endless and created randomly each time. The game continues until you lose all ships. Control your ship and destroy enemies. While holding a slow key, the ship becomes slow. You can also select the game mode from 2 types. Press a slow key in the title screen to change the game mode. Each mode has a different barrage pattern. Roll mode: Hold a slow key to charge the roll shot energy. The roll shot is fired when you release the key. Lock mode: While holding a slow key, you can shot the lock-on laser that aims an enemy in the front of your ship. The ship extends 200,000 and every 500,000 points. SEE ALSO
You can find more about the game on its homepage: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/p47_e.html AUTHOR
This game has been written by Kenta Cho <cs8k-cyu@asahi-net.or.jp> PARSEC47(6)