Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help me how to use nawk for required output Post 302278758 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 05:16:29 AM
Old 01-21-2009
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
sub _hash{
	my ($file,%hash)=(@_);
	open FH,"$file";
	while(<FH>){
		chomp;
		next if $.==1;
		my @tmp=split("[|]",$_);
		$hash{$tmp[0]}->{N2}=$tmp[1];
		$hash{$tmp[0]}->{N3}=$tmp[2];
		$hash{$tmp[0]}->{N4}=$tmp[3];
		$hash{$tmp[0]}->{N5}=$tmp[4];
		$hash{$tmp[0]}->{N6}=$tmp[5];
		$hash{$tmp[0]}->{N7}=$tmp[6];
		$hash{$tmp[0]}->{N8}=$tmp[7];
		$hash{$tmp[0]}->{N9}=$tmp[8];
	}
	close FH;
	return \%hash;
}
sub _compare{
	my($ref1,$ref2)=(@_);
	my %hash1=%{$ref1};
	my %hash2=%{$ref2};
	for $key (keys %hash1){
		my %t1=%{$hash1{$key}};
		my %t2=%{$hash2{$key}};
		my (@arr,$header)=();
		for $k (sort keys %t1){
			if ($t1{$k} ne $t2{$k}){
				$header.="|".$k;
				push @arr,$k;
			}
		}
		if ($#arr != -1 ){
			print "N1",$header,"\n",$key;
			map {print "|",$t1{$_}} @arr;
			print "\n",$key;
			map {print "|",$t2{$_}} @arr;
			print "\n------------------\n";
		}
	}
}
_compare(_hash("a.txt"),_hash("b.txt"));

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning nawk output to variables

I do a lot of command line scripting to capture data from files or other command output. I've checked in a number of Unix and scripting books but for the life of me I can't find out how to asign field data from nawk output into variables that I can manipulate later. For example, reading a two... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveje0711
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning nawk output to shell variable

Hello friends, I doing the follwing script , but found problem to store it to a shell variable. #! /bin/sh for temp in `find ./dat/vector/ -name '*.file'` do echo $temp nawk -v temp=$temp 'BEGIN{ split(temp, a,"\/"); print a}' done output: ./dat/vector/drf_all_002.file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

output required

Hi I have the following output Message man amm (9196) is calling Hello & Alert man amtrr (9197) is stopped Find amfi (19198) is cancelled Engine Item aea (19203) is notified Engine Item2 aea2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl required output

Hi, I have a string in log file from that i need to pick the username. the string is like this-- pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK conversion of hexadecimal input to decimal output via printf, I am close I can feel it

I have searched and the answers I have found thus far have led me to this point, so I feel I am just about there. I am trying to convert a column of hexadecimal to decimal values so that I can filter out via grep just the data I want. I was able to pull my original 3 character hex value and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PCGameGuy
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk is truncating output

Legends, I have 2 files f1 and f2. when i use nawk to compare the difference(subtraction) from 4th column of the file, it truncates the output. can you please help to resolve this. subtraction is (4th col of f1 - 4th col of f2). but it gives only below lines out of 116. I want to print all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting the required output

I need a Korn shell script which does the folllowing:- If there is one "|" (pipe) delimited file so, the script should check the 5th field to be blank or not. if it is a blank tht entire line of the file should be redirected to another file. if the 5th field is not blank it should pass that. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juhi Kashyap
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file?

Hi All, I am working on nawk script, has the small function which prints the output on the screen.Am trying to print/append the same output in a file. Basically nawk script should print the output on the console/screen and as well it should write/append the same result to a file. script :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk command to output in var

Hi I have this command, which counts number of lines in a specific file and then prints it on screen.nawk 'NF{c++}END{print "Number of GPS coordinates in file: "c}' $filename I would like to have the output put into a variable, but can't seem to find the correct argument for it. How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulleteyedk
3 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)