Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying only First Occurrence of a String Post 302278705 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 03:09:18 AM
Old 01-21-2009
Code:
awk '/AMQ/ && ++a[$1] == 1' "$FILE"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and replace to first occurrence of string

Hi all, I have a very large; delimited file. In vi I would like to replace: CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT1;uesPerActiveLinkSetSize_1;#;A CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT2;uesPerActiveLinkSetSize_2;#;A CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT3;uesPerActiveLinkSetSize_3;#;A with: CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT1;Average... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmord
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replace string by occurrence

hi all, I have a text file with following content PAGENUMBER asasasa asasasa PAGENUMBER sasasasasa PAGENUMBER using sed i want to replace PAGENUMBER by occurrence count eg 1 asasasa asasasa 2 sasasasasa 3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping last occurrence of the searched string

Hello, I have active log file i want to grep the last occurrence of the word in that log file the log file gets on increasing and increasing i want to fetch it from live file. Please guide me, Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidurmittal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove characters from string based on occurrence of a string

Hello Folks.. I need your help .. here the example of my problem..i know its easy..i don't all the commands in unix to do this especiallly sed...here my string.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj_vw_dec2_dfgh_dwq desired output is.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj it's a simple task with tail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting occurrence of characters in a string

Hello, I have a string like this 0:1:2:0:2:2:4:0:0:0:-200:500...... what i want is to break down how many different characters are there and their count. For example for above string it should display 0 - 5 times 1 - 1 times 2 - 3 times 4 - 1 times . . . I am stuck in writing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: exit86
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find last occurrence of a character in a string

Hello how to find last occurence of a string for example in the following I want last occurence of '-' i.e. position 12 str="aa-bbb-cccc-ddd-ee" my pupose is to get the string 'ee' Thanks and Regards Chetanz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chetanz
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string occurrence if twice in a line

Hello All, I want to check if a delimiter is existing twice in a line of a text file. Suppose flat file is like this 234 | 123 123 | 345 456 | 563 | 234 | 548 So the the 3rd line has two delimiters, How can we find the lines in such a file having more then one delimiters I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Last occurrence of a string

I apologize if it was asked before but I couldn't find something related. I want to replace 2 strings in a file e.g pwddb=Lar1wod (need to replace string after =) pwdapp=Wde2xe (need to replace string after =) AND in same file want to find last occurrence of a string (SR2-134561),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J_ang
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace first occurrence of a string in while loop

####Solved#### Hello, My aim is to replace searched string with incremented value under ubuntu 16.04. Example: aasasasas 9030 31wwo weopwoep weerasas 9030 ew31wo ieopwoep bbqqqsas 9030 ew3swo ieeopwoep ccsaqpas 9030 ewiro o2opwoep Expected: aasasasas 9030 31wwo weopwoep weerasas 9031... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Append a particular string after occurrence of particular string.

Hi Friends, Good morning. Appended a particular string after occurrence of particular string in a file. my file abc.sql as below create or replace function f1(p_cust_no IN VARCHAR) RETURN number IS DECLARE v_country country.customer_tbl%TYPE; begin begin select... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram0106
4 Replies
DtEditorFind(library call)												DtEditorFind(library call)

NAME
DtEditorFind -- search for the next occurrence of a string in a DtEditor widget SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Editor.h> Boolean DtEditorFind( Widget widget, char *find); DESCRIPTION
The DtEditorFind function searches for the next occurrence (relative to the insertion cursor) of a string. The string is either the last find string value specified in the Find/Change dialog (see DtEditorInvokeFindChangeDialog(3)) or is passed in as an argument. The widget argument specifies the DtEditor widget ID. The find argument specifies the string to search for. If find is NULL, DtEditorFind uses the last string specified in the Find field of the Find/Change dialog. If the string is not found by the time the end of the document is reached, the search continues at the beginning of the document, stopping at the character before the insertion cursor. For a complete definition of the DtEditor widget and its associated resources, see DtEditor(3). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtEditorFind function returns True if the search string was found; otherwise, it returns False. SEE ALSO
Dt/Editor.h - DtEditor(5), DtEditor(3), DtEditorChange(3), DtEditorInvokeFindChangeDialog(3). DtEditorFind(library call)