Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) terminal script stops after script command :(. Post 302278666 by drdread on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 11:11:00 PM
Old 01-21-2009
not sure there.

Hey there,

the script command logs all screen output (from the terminal) to a file, so i may review later on.

is there a different command that may do this?

this is what i got for the script (.common file):

telnet 6.20.9.35
Admin
xxxx

this is what i get when i run it in the terminal:

rastas-macbook:~ Rasta$ /Users/Rasta/Desktop/login1.common ; exit;
Trying 6.20.9.35...
Connected to cust-6.20.9.35.switchn.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Username:
Username:
Username:
Connection closed by foreign host.
/Users/Rasta/Desktop/login1.common: line 2: Admin: command not found
/Users/Rasta/Desktop/login1.common: line 3: Admin1LV082008: command not found
logout

[Process completed]

any ideas?

J.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start SCRIPT command at begin of TERMINAL?

Hello sir, I want to monitor my work on the terminal.I know we can use script command.But every time when I start the terminal, I have to type script to start it.I want to automate it. So where should I include this command so that it will start as soon as I start the terminal ???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why My Script Stops After 1st Command

My script is very simple. It call isql and then echo a message. The problem is after the 1st command (isql), it stops so that the echo line never gets executed. Can anyone let me know what is wrong? #!/usr/bin/sh userid=xxxx server=xxxx db=xxxx pwd=xxxx isql -U ${userid} -S ${server}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbyls
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to run a command in a new terminal

Hey, I am trying to write a script that will open all of my session windows, and then secure shell into the appropriate server in the new windows. Seems simple, but I cant get it to work! Please help! :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sojo1024
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Terminal Command into script

Hi All I have this script that checks to see if ntp is enabled on a machine launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.ntp.ntpd.plist It retuns org.ntp.ntpd: Already loaded if it is loaded, is there a way to script it so that if it is loaded it does not say anything but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script stops working after copying it

Hi all, When I cp a script, this section of the code stops reading from a file. if ; then while read dirtoclean do DIRSTOCLEAN=${DIRSTOCLEAN}' '$dirtoclean done < ${BASEDIR}test.conf fi ${DIRSTOCLEAN} doesn't return anything, even though it will work right before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksantos1
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops working when using crontab

I have made a shell script(/bin/sh) that starts a perl script (that I haven't made my self) that's starts a ssh session. The ssh session uses a private/public key to login so no password is needed. The Perl script works perfect. But when I put it in a cronjob (crontab) the ssh connection asks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: splinter_cell
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops after logoff...why??

Hi' i am runing a script thats run with a loop...while loop true. when i exit the server..logon and again the script doenst run. its a bash script test.sh. i run it as: #./test.sh & what can be the priblem please? thanks alot (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Command works in terminal, but not in shell script

Hi, the following command works in the terminal no problem. samtools view -h rawlib.bam | perl -ne '{ @line = split( /\s+/ ); $match = 0; while( $line =~ /(\d+)M/g ) { $match = $match + $1 } if( $match >= 80 || $_ =~ /^\@/ ) { print $_ } }' | java -Xmx12G -jar... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Script Stops

Good Morning, I have a copy script on Solaris 9 machine that is supposed to copy some files to a NAS using: cp -r /dir/dir/ /dir/dir/dirThe script doesn't finish. The directory contains user files of which one seems to copy fine, a second was failing until I did achmod -R -777 to it. Now,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)

NAME
Desktop::Notify::Notification - a notification object for the desktop notifications framework VERSION
Version 0.03 SYNOPSIS
# $notify is an existing Desktop::Notify object my $note = $notify->create(summary => 'Rebuilding FooBar', body => 'Progress: 10%'); $note->show; ... # Update the notification later $note->body('Progress: 20%'); $note->show; ... # Take it off the screen $note->close; DESCRIPTION
Desktop notification objects are represented as objects of this class. They are created by a Desktop::Notify object. Displaying, closing, and modifying the notification is done by using methods in this class. METHODS
new $notify, %params This is called internally by Desktop::Notify to create a new notification object. show Display the notification on the screen. If this notification had previously been shown and not closed yet, it will replace the existing notification. Show can be called multiple times on the same notification, probably with attribute changes between calls, and later show calls will cause the server to seamlessly replace the existing notification. close Close the notification if it is already being displayed. ATTRIBUTES
The following parameters can be set when creating the object or later modified using accessors (descriptions are from the specification at <http://www.galago-project.org/specs/notification/0.9/x408.html>) summary The summary text briefly describing the notification. body The optional detailed body text. Can be empty. timeout The timeout time in milliseconds since the display of the notification at which the notification should automatically close. If -1, the notification's expiration time is dependent on the notification server's settings, and may vary for the type of notification. If 0, never expire. The following extra parameters are included in the specification but not supported by Desktop::Notify at this time app_icon The optional program icon of the calling application. actions Actions are sent over as a list of pairs. Each even element in the list (starting at index 0) represents the identifier for the action. Each odd element in the list is the localized string that will be displayed to the user. hints Optional hints that can be passed to the server from the client program. perl v5.10.1 2009-12-25 Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)