Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) terminal script stops after script command :(. Post 302278666 by drdread on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 11:11:00 PM
Old 01-21-2009
not sure there.

Hey there,

the script command logs all screen output (from the terminal) to a file, so i may review later on.

is there a different command that may do this?

this is what i got for the script (.common file):

telnet 6.20.9.35
Admin
xxxx

this is what i get when i run it in the terminal:

rastas-macbook:~ Rasta$ /Users/Rasta/Desktop/login1.common ; exit;
Trying 6.20.9.35...
Connected to cust-6.20.9.35.switchn.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Username:
Username:
Username:
Connection closed by foreign host.
/Users/Rasta/Desktop/login1.common: line 2: Admin: command not found
/Users/Rasta/Desktop/login1.common: line 3: Admin1LV082008: command not found
logout

[Process completed]

any ideas?

J.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start SCRIPT command at begin of TERMINAL?

Hello sir, I want to monitor my work on the terminal.I know we can use script command.But every time when I start the terminal, I have to type script to start it.I want to automate it. So where should I include this command so that it will start as soon as I start the terminal ???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why My Script Stops After 1st Command

My script is very simple. It call isql and then echo a message. The problem is after the 1st command (isql), it stops so that the echo line never gets executed. Can anyone let me know what is wrong? #!/usr/bin/sh userid=xxxx server=xxxx db=xxxx pwd=xxxx isql -U ${userid} -S ${server}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbyls
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to run a command in a new terminal

Hey, I am trying to write a script that will open all of my session windows, and then secure shell into the appropriate server in the new windows. Seems simple, but I cant get it to work! Please help! :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sojo1024
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Terminal Command into script

Hi All I have this script that checks to see if ntp is enabled on a machine launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.ntp.ntpd.plist It retuns org.ntp.ntpd: Already loaded if it is loaded, is there a way to script it so that if it is loaded it does not say anything but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script stops working after copying it

Hi all, When I cp a script, this section of the code stops reading from a file. if ; then while read dirtoclean do DIRSTOCLEAN=${DIRSTOCLEAN}' '$dirtoclean done < ${BASEDIR}test.conf fi ${DIRSTOCLEAN} doesn't return anything, even though it will work right before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksantos1
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops working when using crontab

I have made a shell script(/bin/sh) that starts a perl script (that I haven't made my self) that's starts a ssh session. The ssh session uses a private/public key to login so no password is needed. The Perl script works perfect. But when I put it in a cronjob (crontab) the ssh connection asks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: splinter_cell
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops after logoff...why??

Hi' i am runing a script thats run with a loop...while loop true. when i exit the server..logon and again the script doenst run. its a bash script test.sh. i run it as: #./test.sh & what can be the priblem please? thanks alot (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Command works in terminal, but not in shell script

Hi, the following command works in the terminal no problem. samtools view -h rawlib.bam | perl -ne '{ @line = split( /\s+/ ); $match = 0; while( $line =~ /(\d+)M/g ) { $match = $match + $1 } if( $match >= 80 || $_ =~ /^\@/ ) { print $_ } }' | java -Xmx12G -jar... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Script Stops

Good Morning, I have a copy script on Solaris 9 machine that is supposed to copy some files to a NAS using: cp -r /dir/dir/ /dir/dir/dirThe script doesn't finish. The directory contains user files of which one seems to copy fine, a second was failing until I did achmod -R -777 to it. Now,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies