Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting recurrence for every sunday for Date::MAnip in perl Post 302278655 by harpreetanand on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 10:48:39 PM
Old 01-20-2009
recurrence for every sunday for Date::MAnip in perl

Hi,

I have a requirement to define all Saturdays/Sundays of every month in a year as holidays. I am making use of Date::Manip package available in perl.

I tried writing a recurrence as :

0:1*3:7:0:0:0 --> this relation helps me to define 3rd Sunday of a year as sunday.

My requirement is to define a single recurrence relation for all Saturdays/Sundays.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date - Last Sunday thru Saturday

Hi All, I have to kick off a script on every Monday to get some data from database for last week (Sunday thru Saturday). If its Monday (12/12/2005) Begin date will be Sunday - 12/4/2005 End date will be Saturday - 12/10/2005 The script might not kick off on some Mondays. So my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skymirror
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find last sunday (date) using perl?

How to find last sunday (date) using perl? Eg, If i run today (26-Feb-2008 / Tuesday), I should get 24-Feb-2008 (Sunday). Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last sunday of current date

Hi Please help me with this problem i need to find the date of last week sunday from the current given date (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print count for chars recurrence

input: 123456 1111 124567 2222 125678 3333 234567 aaaa 456789 abcd awk logic: - read lines for recurring 1st 2 chars of the 1st field - if recurrence detected count up and print value output: 1 123456 1111 2 124567 2222 3 125678 3333 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find out recurrence and print it.

Hi all, I have a file having data like this: rs4332761 15XB rs4332761 unk rs4571228 15XB rs457263 5XB rs4606515 10XA rs4606515 10XB rs4606515 15XB I want output like this: rs4332761 15XB,unk rs4571228 15XB rs457263 5XB rs4606515 10XA,10XB,15XB I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pirates.genome
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to derive the last Sunday's date when Current date value is passed

Hi All, I have a requirement in my project where a batch runs on any day of a week. The input files will land to the server every Sunday. I need to read these files based on the current BUS_DAY (which falls any day of the week). For e.g : if the BUS_DAY is 20120308, we need to derive the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch date of 7 years back from current date in Perl

$beginDate = substr(DateCalc("today", "-7Days"),0,8); This fetches the date 7 days back Can I fetch the date before 7 years from todays date in Perl using same syntax Use code tags, see PM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yesterday's Date if it is Sunday

Hi All, Can you please let me know how to get the yesterday's date of the given date if the given date is Sunday? I can't use GNU. I have the code to get the yesterday's date based on the system date. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
5 Replies
HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)

NAME
HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool - Base class for determining which date package to use for calendrical calculations. SYNOPSIS
my $date_tool = HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool->new( year => $YYYY_year, month => $one_thru_12_month, weeknum => $weeknum_mode, historic => $historic_mode, datetool => $specific_datetool_if_desired, ); DESCRIPTION
This module attempts to utilize the best date calculation package available on the current system. For most contemporary dates this usually ends up being the internal Time::Local package of perl. For more exotic dates, or when week number of the years are desired, other methods are attempted including DateTime, Date::Calc, Date::Manip, and the linux/unix 'ncal' or 'cal' commands. Each of these has a specific subclass of this module offering the same utility methods needed by HTML::CalendarMonth. METHODS
new() Constructor. Takes the following parameters: year Year of calendar in question (required). If you are rendering exotic dates (i.e. dates outside of 1970 to 2038) then something besides Time::Local will be used for calendrical calculations. month Month of calendar in question (required). 1 through 12. weeknum Optional. When specified, will limit class excursions to those that are currently set up for week of year calculations. historic Optional. If the the ncal or cal commands are available, use one of them rather than other available date modules since these utilities accurately handle some specific historical artifacts such as the transition from Julian to Gregorian. datetool Optional. Mostly for debugging, this option can be used to indicate a specific HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool subclass for instantiation. The value can be either the actual utility class, e.g., Date::Calc, or the name of the CalendarMonth handler leaf class, e.g. DateCalc. Use 'ncal' or 'cal', respectively, for the wrappers around those commands. There are number of methods automatically available: month() year() weeknum() historical() datetool() Accessors for the parameters provided to "new()" above. dow1st() Returns the day of week number for the 1st of the "year" and "month" specified during the call to "new()". Relies on the presence of "dow1st_and_lastday()". Should be 0..6 starting with Sun. lastday() Returns the last day of the month for the "year" and "month" specified during the call to "new()". Relies on the presence of "dow1st_and_lastday()". Overridden methods Subclasses of this module must provide at least the "day_epoch()" and "dow1st_and_lastday()" methods. dow1st_and_lastday() Required. Provides a list containing the day of the week of the first day of the month (0..6 starting with Sun) along with the last day of the month. day_epoch() Optional unless interested in epoch values for wacky dates. For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide the unix epoch in seconds for that day at midnight. If the subclass is expected to provide week of year numbers, three more methods are necessary: dow() For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide the day of week number. (1=Sunday, 7=Saturday). add_days($days, $delta, $day, [$month], [$year]) For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide a list of year, month, and day once "delta" days have been added. week_of_year($day, [$month], [$year]) For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide a list with the week number of the year along with the year. (some days of a particular year can end up belonging to the prior or following years). AUTHOR
Matthew P. Sisk, <sisk@mojotoad.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010 Matthew P. Sisk. All rights reserved. All wrongs revenged. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
HTML::CalendarMonth(3), Time::Local(3), DateTime(3), Date::Calc(3), Date::Manip(3), cal(1) perl v5.12.4 2011-08-26 HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)