Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Counting records with AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Counting records with AWK Post 302278555 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 02:37:39 PM
Old 01-20-2009
Replace this:

Code:
$4 $6 $7 $8 $9 $10 $11 {
cmbaselicences ++
}
$12 $13 {
changebaselicences ++
}

with:

Code:
NF==11{cmbaselicences++}
NF==13{changebaselicences++}

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting with Awk

I need "awk solution" for simple counting! File looks like: STUDENT GRADE student1 A student2 A student3 B student4 A student5 B Desired Output: GRADE No.of Students A 3 B 2 Thanks for awking! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting non integer number in awk

Hi, I am having the following number in the file tmp 31013.004 20675.336 43318.190 30512.926 48992.559 277893.111 41831.330 8749.113 415980.576 28273.054 I want to add these numbers, I am using following script awk 'END{print s}{s += $1}' tmp its giving answer 947239 which is correct,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitubek
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in counting records from file

Hi, Please help me in counting the below records(1st field) from samplefile: Expected output: Count Descr ------------------------------------------- 7 Mean manager 14 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging all fields while counting repeated records

Hi every one; I have a 31500-line text file upon which two following tasks are to be performed: 1: Rearranging the file 2: Taking the average of each column (considering number of zeros) and output the result into a new file This is the code I've come up with: awk '(NR%3150<3150)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nxp
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting using awk

Hi, I want to perform a task using shell script. I am new to awk programming and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the following 3 files (for example) file1: Name count Symbol chr1_1_50 10 XXXX chr3_101_150 30 YYYY File2: Name ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting number of records with string row delimiter

HI, i have a file like this t.txt f1|_f2|_ f1|_f2|_ f1|_f2|_ as if col delimiter is |_ and row delimiter |_\n trying to count number of records using awk $ awk 'BEGIN{FS="|_" ; RS="~~\n"} {n++}END{print n} ' t.txt 7 wondering how can i count this to 3 ? thx (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksforum
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting Fields with awk

ok, so a user can specify options as is shown below: ExA: cpu.pl!23!25!-allow or ExB: cpu.pl!23!25!-block!all options are delimited by the exclamation mark. now, in example A, there are 4 options provided by the user. in example B, there are 5 options provided by the user. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting the records based on condition

Hi Unix team, I have a file with 30 columns with tab delimited. I need to count the records based on column 18 & 21 data. So I cut the data from the file using awk -F"\t" '{print $18,$21}' foo.txt Following is the output: USED SEDAN USED SUV NEW SUV USED Truck USED Truck USED... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk counting question

Probably a simple to this, but unsure how to do it. I would prefer an AWK solution. Below is the data set. 1 2 3 2 5 7 4 6 9 1 5 4 8 5 7 1 1 10 15 3 12 3 7 9 9 8 10 4 5 2 9 1 10 4 7 9 7 12 6 9 13 8 For the second... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mollydog11
11 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)