Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing unix script on windows through MKSToolkit Post 302278476 by ammu on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 10:09:35 AM
Old 01-20-2009
Data

Any ideas about doing this. Please advice!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing applications/commands on a unix server from a windows PC

i have a network drive (samba) mounted on to my PC and also i have SSH client on my machine. however i need to run applications/commands on a unix server from the middle of a different executable(windows compatable one). so i need to connect to the unix server from SSH through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing *.bat file on windows from Unix box via ftp command

I have created get_list.bat file containing following line: dir /B /O-d >file_list.txt I am executing ftp command from Unix box and transferring get_list.bat file to windows server. In my next ftp command I am trying to execute this test.bat file by entering this line: get_list or by... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alx
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a .dll from a Unix script

Is it possible for a Unix script to execute a .dll. If so, where would I find information/examples of how to do that? Thanks, in advance, for any help. :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing application on Windows from Unix machine

I have two machines, one running Windows and another one Unix over a network. I want to execute a batch file on the Windows machine using a script running on the Unix machine. I have tried creating a rsa key and transferrring it to the destination machine but it doesn't work. The purpose was to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Windows batch file from UNIX

Hi everyone, let me get straight to the points. My manager wants to execute a remote batch file (on a Windows server) from a UNIX Machine, does anyone know if this is possible and what packages would be needed? Thanks p.s. Sorry i cant give OS specifics, we use most UNIX's; AIX, Solaris,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flip387
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing shell script from Windows FTP

Hello, Any inputs on the possibility of executing a shell script on unix box from Windows FTP TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: B2BIntegrator
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a shell script from windows;script present in unix

I need to execute a shell script kept in unix machine from windows. User id, password area available. For eg. There's a shell script wich moves all the logs kept in my home directory to a directory named LOGS. Now i need to get this done through windows; either using a batch file, or java... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script to get unix username of person executing it

Hi, I am writing a script, and I need to incorporate some logic where I can find out the unix username of the person who is executing the script. The issue is , a particular user could have "sesu" ed into a group id. for eg. root, and then executed the script. In that case, instead of root,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing java .jar from UNIX script

I have a .jar placed in my Unix directory. The .jar creates a .csv file .I want to execute the .jar and place the output file in a target Unix directory. The Unix Script is as follows. The issue that i am facing is that the file is not being placed in the REPORTDIR=/cdunix/IQNavigator/wrk instead... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkargeti12
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing of UNIX script using email

Dear Unix Leads, can you please let me know is it possible to execute a shell script in UNIX machine sending an email from outlook or gmail ? or is it possible to generate a token file in UNIX by sending email which we can indirectly use to trigger script your response on this is highly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)