Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple echos and cuts too slow Post 302278314 by dlam on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 01:59:32 AM
Old 01-20-2009
Wow, thanks for that. Exactly what I needed. Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple cuts syntax problem

Hi All, I need some help with multiple cut and paste, at the moment I have a shell script that uses the following cuts ( this is just some) cut -c1-92 WAITING > col1 .....etc etc etc cut -c93-98 WAITING > col17 # blank_spaces cut -c99-104 WAITING > col18 # Date cut -c105... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unknown event - daemon mode cuts programs from resources

Hi Guys. First of all Im not keen on os stuff, thus not sure what I should look for to solve my problem, Thats why Im posting before getting deeper into forums. Here is my problem. Im working on academic network - Solaris 7-10. Where parts of configuration is made by students (Im still one).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baranowb
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Custom short cuts not working on JDS

Hello, I had created a shortcut to open up a gnome-terminal by pressing <Alt>m. This worked fine, until I logged out and logged back in. gnome-terminal no longer opens. However, the process is created, as evidenced by the gnome-terminal showing up on my process list. I've created and deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cooldude
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipeing Individual Echos

Hello Yes I'm a noob so thanks for your help. I have a unix exicutable that renders video under os x (unix). As it renders frames it echos (or outputs) information to the terminal about which frame it's up too an how long it took etc. I am looking for a way to pipe this information so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mortocks
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Create/remove desktop short cuts via command line RHEL 6.3....

I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3... I googled all over the place could never find what I needed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruberked
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python script cuts off early

I wasn't sure if this should go in the networking board or not, since I am trying to log into routers, however I don't think my script issues have anything to do with the routers themselves.... I am trying to write a script that will log into various routers we have on the network and determine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal telnet echos garbage

i am trying to make powerterm not echo back this charactor. ≥ When I press control-C I get it that telnet charactor/garbage echos back. how to turn off? where? what config? is there something in powerterm to switch on/off? I do not see it. Redhats offical statement is: "I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
10 Replies
ncurses5-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						ncurses5-config(1)

NAME
ncurses5-config - helper script for ncurses libraries SYNOPSIS
ncurses5-config [options] DESCRIPTION
This is a shell script which simplifies configuring applications against a particular set of ncurses libraries. OPTIONS
--prefix echos the package-prefix of ncurses --exec-prefix echos the executable-prefix of ncurses --cflags echos the C compiler flags needed to compile with ncurses --libs echos the libraries needed to link with ncurses --version echos the release+patchdate version of ncurses --abi-version echos the ABI version of ncurses --mouse-version echos the mouse-interface version of ncurses --bindir echos the directory containing ncurses programs --datadir echos the directory containing ncurses data --includedir echos the directory containing ncurses header files --libdir echos the directory containing ncurses libraries --mandir echos the directory containing ncurses manpages --terminfo echos the $TERMINFO terminfo database path, e.g., /etc/terminfo --terminfo-dirs echos the $TERMINFO_DIRS directory list, e.g., /etc/terminfo:/lib/terminfo:/usr/share/terminfo --termpath echos the $TERMPATH termcap list, if support for termcap is configured. --help prints this message SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES) This describes ncurses version 5.9 (patch 20110404). ncurses5-config(1)