Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Range generator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Range generator Post 302278301 by KevinADC on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 12:55:33 AM
Old 01-20-2009
Actually, forget it. I see you are one of those persons that just posts your requirements and waits for someone else to just write your code or tell you how to do it. I don't help people like that. Someone else will probably do your work for you, but not me.

Regards,
Kevin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Password Generator

I need a great Password Generator program. I looked at a few of them, but none of them seemed to be what I wanted. So I have decided to write my own. (That's the cool thing about being a programmer....I always get what I want in software :) ) Do you have any password generators that you... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date generator

Is there a command to generate the unix date that is in theshadow file?>? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Barcode Generator

QR Code Generator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

time generator

Hi experts, I'd like to generate the table/file containing: number of milliseconds elapsed since midnight till midnight. It should contain 5 columns (hours minutes seconds milliseconds): Table will have theoretically 86 400 000 rows. My question is , is there somewhere the file or source... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence generator

Thanks Guys This really helped (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert89
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generator script

Hello again unix.com people, I need your help again. I'm currently need a script that will generate ip ranges... lets say from 64.1.1.1 to 74.255.255.255 and the output should be like this: 64.1.1.2 64.1.1.3 ............. ............. 74.255.255.254 74.255.255.255 (line-by-line) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hostsfile generator

Hello I use a bash script to creating the hosts file /etc/hosts But there is a bug inside my output and I want to fix this. My Array looks like this: 205,IP 111.122.133.20 205,HOST2 unas 205,HOST1 unas15533 205,COMMENT # UNAS 775,IP ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marti95
9 Replies
AMIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   AMIN(1)

NAME
amin - notify writers that you are busy SYNOPSIS
amin [-ynesp] command [args...] DESCRIPTION
Amin is used when you don't want to be written while running a command. It runs the command given normally. If your message permissions (see mesg(1)) are off, it does nothing much else. If your messages are on, people writing you with write(1) will be warned that you are running that command and will be given the opportunity to change their minds about writing you. The -n option may be used to turn your messages entirely off for the duration of the execution of command. People writing you will get "Permission denied". The -y option turns your message permissions on for the duration of the execution of the command. The -e may be used after either -n or -y to indicate that the logins listed in the .yeswrite or the .nowrite files respectively are exceptions to the message permissions set. The default is -s which leaves your message permissions in their original state. In any case, after the command is com- plete, your permissions will be restored to the original state. The -p flag causes all telegrams sent to you while the command is running to be saved. They are displayed as soon as the command is com- plete. If used with the -n flag, writes are refused, but telegrams are still saved. If you have designated yourself as a helper, you will still be marked on the finger(1) output as a helper while you are running amin but people doing ``write help'' will not be connected to you, even if you have the helper flag set to ``Y''. AUTHOR
Jan Wolter FILES
/etc/wrttmp to find message permissions /etc/utmp to find user SEE ALSO
mesg(1), finger(1), write(1), huh(1). 7th Edition July 1, 1991 AMIN(1)