Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop certain code to all files within directory Post 302278273 by summer_cherry on Monday 19th of January 2009 10:45:01 PM
Old 01-19-2009
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
@files=glob("*.txt");
open FH,">out.txt";
foreach(@files){
	open F,"<$_";
	my $file=$_;
	while(<F>){
		print FH $file," line $.: ",$_ if /Toyota/;
	}
	close F;
}
close FH;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in a directory

Hi, I want to write bash script that will keep on looking for files in a directory and if any file exists, it processes them. I want it to be a background process, which keeps looking for files in a directory. Is there any way to do that in bash script? I can loop through all the files like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rladda
4 Replies

2. AIX

loop through the directory for files and sort by date and process the first file

hello i have a requirement where i have a direcotry in which i get files in the format STOCKS.20080114.dat STOCKS.20080115.dat STOCKS.20080117.dat STOCKS.20080118.dat i need to loop through the directory and sort by create date descending order and i need to process the first file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through files in directory

hi all i have some files present in a directory i want to loop through all the files in the directory each time i loop i should change the in_file parameter in the control file and load it into a table using sql loader there is only one table where i have to load alll the files ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_tns
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest directory and loop through the files and pick the error messages

Hi, I am new to unix and shell scripting,can anybody help me in sctipting a requirement. my requirement is to get the latest directory the name of the directory will be like CSB.monthdate_time stamp like CSB.Sep29_11:16 and CSB.Oct01_16:21. i need to pick the latest directory. in the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_83k
15 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Copy all files in 1 directory to another usinge for-in loop

I was looking to get some help with copying files in one directory to another using a for-in loop. My script file is called copyfile and here is what I have: for file in $(ls -a $1) do cp $file ~/dir-2 done When I run copyfile dir-1 this is what I get cp: omitting directory `.'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Writing a loop to changing the names of files in a directory

Hi, I would like to write a loop to change the names of files in a directory. The files are called data1.txt through data1000.txt. I'd like to change their names to a1.txt through a1000.txt. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in a directory

Hello How do I loop through files in a specific directory ? This script is not working! #! /bin/bash FILES=/usr/desktop/input/* For f in $FILES; do awk '-v A="$a" -v B="$b" {$6=($1-64)/2 ;$7=((10^($6/10))/A)^(1/B) ; print}' OFS="\t" $f > /root/Desktop/output/$f.txt; done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali.seifaddini
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in directory

I am trying to loop through files in a directory, and sort each file. No matter what changes I make to the code, I get the following errors: 'aunch.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `do 'aunch.sh: line 4: `for f in ${FILES}/*; do #!/bin/bash FILES=$(pwd) for f in ${FILES}/*;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldorsey
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in directory

I am trying to loop through files in a directory, and sort each file. No matter what changes I make to the code, I get the following errors: 'aunch.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `do 'aunch.sh: line 4: `for f in ${FILES}/*; do #!/bin/bash FILES=$(pwd) for f in ${FILES}/*;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldorsey
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude some files from the loop on the directory?

I have one question. On the directory I have many files start with DB.DAILYxxxxxxx.YYYYMMDD.HHMMSS and I have several files with other format, like LET.20170310 daily.20170310 tba.20170310 How can I exclude from my loop DB.DAILY files? I tried ls *20170310* | while read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)