Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing Network on Computer, might be driver Post 302278244 by jlliagre on Monday 19th of January 2009 08:27:43 PM
Old 01-19-2009
Your NIC is unsupported out of the box.

Have a look at the Sun device detection tool there to figure out if a driver exists:

BigAdmin HCL: Sun Device Detection Tool

Obviously, you won't be able to connect from Solaris (yet?) so you'll need to boot your PC on another OS that would support your card (Windows or Linux).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

I cant network my computer

I have an Octane2 running IRIX 6.4 . The problem is that the machine is not coming on the network . I have put in all the details perfectly , like IP , netmask , name servers , gateway IP , I tried it on a Mac alongside me but On the IRIX it dosent work . I have no idea wats the prob lem .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing driver in linux redhat... what am I doing wrong?

I am trying to install this driver: http://www.asus.com/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=1&l2_id=15&l3_id=15&m_id=1&f_name=5702_558.zip~zaqwedc hoping it will correct my problem with my ethernet card. I am following the instructions in the text file that came with download... it says to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
7 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

installing win98 & unixware on the same computer

Please provide some immediate help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: altaf
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a driver

Hi All, I am trying to install a driver for a CAN card of a machine running Ubuntu 8.04. It cames with three .tgz files for gcc2, gcc3, and k26. The current version of gcc is 4.2.1, which is causing me problems. I installed gcc-3.3 using sudo apt-get install gcc-3.3 But when I run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brian-UOIT
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing device driver for TSM library

I am installing an lin_tape-1.38.0-1.src.rpm file but it won't install Linux version Linux 2.6.18-164.el5xen #1 SMP Thu Sep 3 04:41:04 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux but I am getting issues when installing # rpmbuild --rebuild lin_tape-1.38.0-1.src.rpm Installing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Is Ubuntu OS good? Do you need to install any driver after installing it?

I'm planning to install the Ubuntu OS on my laptop(currently has windows Vista), but I don't know if Ubuntu is good. Do you need to install any drivers for Ubuntu? Can I send stuff to my printer in Ubuntu? Is it compatible with my printer driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. Fedora

On Installing Multiple Linux Distros on a Computer

Guys, I was planning to install Ubuntu, Fedora and Backtrack on the same computer (along with Windows 7). My Specifications are: 2.67 Core i5 4GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB HDD I have a system running Windows 7 with 3 partitions (240, 130, 130) GBs. And I was planning on freeing out 30GB of space and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hMeU
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing broadcom driver for wireless access

I use lspci and dmesg command and find out that i have ipw2000 wireless card on my laptop. I want to install driver for that but i'm not getting proper driver for that.My linux version is el5 and architecture is i386. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbharad
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Printer driver

So I have a canon printer I'm trying to set it up I've gotten the driver from here; wget -c http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0100005511/01/cnijfilter-mg7100series-4.00-1-rpm.tar.gz I try and run the script thats below; But I know where i have to copy the driver too. I was wonder what file i have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtsmith90
10 Replies

10. IP Networking

I would like to monitor network traffic for a computer on my network

My son does homework on a school laptop. I was thinking about setting up a gateway on my home network, so that I can monitor web traffic and know if he is doing his homework without standing over his shoulder. Ideally I would like to use the Raspberry Pi Model b that I already have. However, I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
15 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)