Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cartoons for Geeks 100th Birthday Of The Touch Interface Post 302278220 by Linux Bot on Monday 19th of January 2009 04:20:02 PM
Old 01-19-2009
100th Birthday Of The Touch Interface

2009-01-19T22:07:51+01:00

See Matthew Miller about the Crunchpad Linux tablet.

Image Image Image Image

Source...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i need 100th occurance of a letter in file

Hi to all, I am looking a file in vi editor to get 100th occurance of a latter in that file. Can any one help me in this? Thanks Sathish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsathishmca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Birthday Calculation

Hi I have a simple question. Is there an easy way to read a date of birth from a file and calculate how old that person is based on today's date? And would I need the make sure the birthdates are enterered in a particular format? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustaine85
10 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

My 100th Post. 100x Thank you!

This is my 100th post! I want to thank UNIX.com for teaching me a lot. I joined here with no knowledge of UNIX at all. I've learned so many while lurking in the shadows of UNIX.com and I've learned a lot more while trying to help other people's problem. So, to the forum and all its mods and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angheloko
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

6. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

7. Linux

Happy Birthday Linux :)

The Linux kernel was originally created by Linus Torvalds, a Finnish computer science student, and first announced to the world on August 25, 1991-exactly 20 years ago today. At the time, Torvalds described his work as a "hobby" and contended that it would not be "big and professional" like the GNU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
2 Replies
TERASIC_MTL(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					    TERASIC_MTL(4)

NAME
terasic_mtl -- driver for the Terasic/Cambridge Multi-Touch LCD device SYNOPSIS
device terasic_mtl In /boot/device.hints: hint.terasic_mtl.0.at="nexus0" hint.terasic_mtl.0.reg_maddr=0x70400000 hint.terasic_mtl.0.reg_msize=0x1000 hint.terasic_mtl.0.pixel_maddr=0x70000000 hint.terasic_mtl.0.pixel_msize=0x177000 hint.terasic_mtl.0.text_maddr=0x70177000 hint.terasic_mtl.0.text_msize=0x2000 DESCRIPTION
The terasic_mtl device driver provides support for the Terasic Multi-Touch LCD combined as controlled by a University of Cambridge's IP Core. Three device nodes are instantiated, representing various services supported by the device: terasic_regX Memory-mapped register interface, including touch screen input. terasic_pixelX Memory-mapped pixel-oriented frame buffer. terasic_textX Memory-mapped text-oriented frame buffer. terasic_mtl devices are also attached to the syscons(4) framework, which implements a VT-compatible terminal connected to the tty(4) frame- work. ttyvX device nodes may be added to ttys(5) in order to launch login(1) sessions at boot. Register, text, and pixel devices may be accessed using read(2) and write(2) system calls, and also memory mapped using mmap(2). SEE ALSO
login(1), ioctl(2), mmap(2), poll(2), read(2), write(2), syscons(4), tty(4), ttys(5) HISTORY
The terasic_mtl device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. AUTHORS
The terasic_mtl device driver and this manual page were developed by SRI International and the University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory under DARPA/AFRL contract (FA8750-10-C-0237) (``CTSRD''), as part of the DARPA CRASH research programme. This device driver was written by Robert N. M. Watson. BUGS
The syscons(4) attachment does not support the hardware cursor feature. A more structured interface to control registers using the ioctl(2) system call, would sometimes be preferable to memory mapping. For touch screen input, it would be highly desirable to offer a streaming interface whose events can be managed using poll(2) and related system calls, with the kernel performing polling rather than the userspace application. terasic_mtl supports only a nexus bus attachment, which is appropriate for system-on-chip busses such as Altera's Avalon bus. If the IP core is configured off of another bus type, then additional bus attachments will be required. BSD
August 18, 2012 BSD