Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Illegal Statement at source line 2 Post 302278130 by joeyg on Monday 19th of January 2009 11:33:10 AM
Old 01-19-2009
Tools Here is one way to approach your problem

Code:
> cat manip144.sh
# set filename
myf="file144"

# find first line
stlin=`cat -n ${myf} | grep "Users of SYNERGY-CMBase" | awk '{print $1}' `
#echo ${stlin}
# find ending line
enlin=`tail +${stlin} ${myf} | cat -n | grep "Users of SYNERGY-GroupSecurity" | awk '{print $1}' `
#echo ${enlin}

tail +${stlin} ${myf} | head -${enlin}

> manip144.sh
26 Users of SYNERGY-CMBase: (Total of 12 licenses issued; Total of 4 licenses in use)
28 "SYNERGY-CMBase" v2009.1230, vendor: telelogic
29 floating license
31 ccm_root phys-agsdev /dev/tty z000798 (v1.0) (Phys-agsdev/19353 436), start Mon 1/19 10:54
32 ccm_root phys-agsdev /dev/tty z001383 (v1.0) (Phys-agsdev/19353 2014), start Mon 1/19 11:22
33 ccm_root phys-agsdev /dev/pts/10 u025027 (v1.0) (Phys-agsdev/19353 794), start Mon 1/19 9:54
34 ccm_root phys-agsdev /dev/pts/27 u414020 (v1.0) (Phys-agsdev/19353 273), start Mon 1/19 12:02
36 Users of SYNERGY-GroupSecurity: (Total of 20 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Note that I simply copied your sample text file; hence the line numbers still being there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep entire statement not just line

(extract from SQL binlog file...) # at 4960 #080801 14:35:31 server id 4 end_log_pos 195 Query thread_id=63121426 exec_time=0 error_code=0 use d_jds; SET TIMESTAMP=1217581531; UPDATE bid_details set bidding = 3170.37 ,deduction=if((3170.37 < 37.43),0,deduction) where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single line if statement

hi, i wonder if someone could tell me how to properly convert the following code onto one line: if then print "The file was not copied" exit 1 fi i am not sure how to close off the if statement here. everything i try gives me "syntax error: `if' unmatched" if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankimo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of both the echo statement in one line

I have script like echo -n FINISHED FEXP: ${TABLE2EXP} echo $STATUS I want the output of both the echo statement in one line How can i do this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk: illegal statement at source line 1

Hello Everyone, I don't know what is wrong with this: Is it that nawk cannot run a ".sh" script or is it not treating "." as a literal. If so how to make "." be treated as a literal in "nawk" statemnts? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaire
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nawk: syntax error at source line 11

Hi, I executing a awk in a shell script. A part of AWK is: nawk -F"¤" -v fichero=${DIRECTORIO_PARAMETROS}/${FICHERO_CONFIGURACION_CHEQUEOS} -v sistema=${SISTEMA_SEDRA} -v fichero_no_validos="No_validos_CAMPO_TIPO_${SIST}.dat" 'BEGIN{ if ( fichero != "") { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk help with source and previous line loop

Hello, I've written a ksh awk script to ping multiple servers and write the results to a file. That part is working ok. I then want to extract the names of only the server which are available. This is indicated by '1 packets received'. The server name actually appears above that line so I found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want a count only when couple of value exist in each line of my source.

I have to get the count only if poc=4060 and loc=JPN ( basically I want to check both values exist then count the occurrences.) disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=& drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN I have been trying like this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with finding last line of file: if statement depending on that line.

Good morning, My first time actually posting in this forum, though I have used this forum to help with numerous projects. I am trying to figure out why my if statement does not work. I have a file where a line is inputted every 15 seconds. I want this if statement to check what the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanrunt
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read: line 6: illegal option -e

For some reason read -e isn't working in my script. I need a directory as input from a user and I'd like for them to be able to use tab complete which is why I'm using -e. When the script is run, I get: read: line 6: illegal option -e In order to just figure out what is going on with the -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orangeSunshine
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source command returns error when it strikes conditional statement "ifeq"

Hello All, I am running source command on my project configuration file app.cfg which has conditional statements with make file systax E.g ifeq ($(APP_CMP_DIR),trunk). When I source this file it throws error: syntax error near unexpected token... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies
Trace(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Trace(3pm)

NAME
Devel::Trace - Print out each line before it is executed (like "sh -x") SYNOPSIS
perl -d:Trace program DESCRIPTION
If you run your program with "perl -d:Trace program", this module will print a message to standard error just before each line is executed. For example, if your program looks like this: #!/usr/bin/perl print "Statement 1 at line 4 "; print "Statement 2 at line 5 "; print "Call to sub x returns ", &x(), " at line 6. "; exit 0; sub x { print "In sub x at line 12. "; return 13; } Then the "Trace" output will look like this: >> ./test:4: print "Statement 1 at line 4 "; >> ./test:5: print "Statement 2 at line 5 "; >> ./test:6: print "Call to sub x returns ", &x(), " at line 6. "; >> ./test:12: print "In sub x at line 12. "; >> ./test:13: return 13; >> ./test:8: exit 0; This is something like the shell's "-x" option. DETAILS
Inside your program, you can enable and disable tracing by doing $Devel::Trace::TRACE = 1; # Enable $Devel::Trace::TRACE = 0; # Disable or Devel::Trace::trace('on'); # Enable Devel::Trace::trace('off'); # Disable "Devel::Trace" exports the "trace" function if you ask it to: import Devel::Trace 'trace'; Then if you want you just say trace 'on'; # Enable trace 'off'; # Disable TODO
o You should be able to send the trace output to the filehandle of your choice. o You should be able to specify the format of the output. o You should be able to get the output into a string. We'll see. LICENSE
Devel::Trace 0.11 and its source code are hereby placed in the public domain. Author Mark-Jason Dominus (C<mjd-perl-trace@plover.com>), Plover Systems co. See the C<Devel::Trace.pm> Page at http://www.plover.com/~mjd/perl/Trace for news and upgrades. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-16 Trace(3pm)