Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Illegal Statement at source line 2 Post 302278124 by Glyn_Mo on Monday 19th of January 2009 11:17:26 AM
Old 01-19-2009
No, I just put them in for the sake of readability. The line numbers themselves are largely irrelevant because depending on the number of licences in use, there may be more less entries in the file for each licence type.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep entire statement not just line

(extract from SQL binlog file...) # at 4960 #080801 14:35:31 server id 4 end_log_pos 195 Query thread_id=63121426 exec_time=0 error_code=0 use d_jds; SET TIMESTAMP=1217581531; UPDATE bid_details set bidding = 3170.37 ,deduction=if((3170.37 < 37.43),0,deduction) where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single line if statement

hi, i wonder if someone could tell me how to properly convert the following code onto one line: if then print "The file was not copied" exit 1 fi i am not sure how to close off the if statement here. everything i try gives me "syntax error: `if' unmatched" if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankimo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of both the echo statement in one line

I have script like echo -n FINISHED FEXP: ${TABLE2EXP} echo $STATUS I want the output of both the echo statement in one line How can i do this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk: illegal statement at source line 1

Hello Everyone, I don't know what is wrong with this: Is it that nawk cannot run a ".sh" script or is it not treating "." as a literal. If so how to make "." be treated as a literal in "nawk" statemnts? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaire
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nawk: syntax error at source line 11

Hi, I executing a awk in a shell script. A part of AWK is: nawk -F"¤" -v fichero=${DIRECTORIO_PARAMETROS}/${FICHERO_CONFIGURACION_CHEQUEOS} -v sistema=${SISTEMA_SEDRA} -v fichero_no_validos="No_validos_CAMPO_TIPO_${SIST}.dat" 'BEGIN{ if ( fichero != "") { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk help with source and previous line loop

Hello, I've written a ksh awk script to ping multiple servers and write the results to a file. That part is working ok. I then want to extract the names of only the server which are available. This is indicated by '1 packets received'. The server name actually appears above that line so I found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want a count only when couple of value exist in each line of my source.

I have to get the count only if poc=4060 and loc=JPN ( basically I want to check both values exist then count the occurrences.) disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=& drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN I have been trying like this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with finding last line of file: if statement depending on that line.

Good morning, My first time actually posting in this forum, though I have used this forum to help with numerous projects. I am trying to figure out why my if statement does not work. I have a file where a line is inputted every 15 seconds. I want this if statement to check what the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanrunt
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read: line 6: illegal option -e

For some reason read -e isn't working in my script. I need a directory as input from a user and I'd like for them to be able to use tab complete which is why I'm using -e. When the script is run, I get: read: line 6: illegal option -e In order to just figure out what is going on with the -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orangeSunshine
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source command returns error when it strikes conditional statement "ifeq"

Hello All, I am running source command on my project configuration file app.cfg which has conditional statements with make file systax E.g ifeq ($(APP_CMP_DIR),trunk). When I source this file it throws error: syntax error near unexpected token... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies
Trace(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Trace(3pm)

NAME
Devel::Trace - Print out each line before it is executed (like "sh -x") SYNOPSIS
perl -d:Trace program DESCRIPTION
If you run your program with "perl -d:Trace program", this module will print a message to standard error just before each line is executed. For example, if your program looks like this: #!/usr/bin/perl print "Statement 1 at line 4 "; print "Statement 2 at line 5 "; print "Call to sub x returns ", &x(), " at line 6. "; exit 0; sub x { print "In sub x at line 12. "; return 13; } Then the "Trace" output will look like this: >> ./test:4: print "Statement 1 at line 4 "; >> ./test:5: print "Statement 2 at line 5 "; >> ./test:6: print "Call to sub x returns ", &x(), " at line 6. "; >> ./test:12: print "In sub x at line 12. "; >> ./test:13: return 13; >> ./test:8: exit 0; This is something like the shell's "-x" option. DETAILS
Inside your program, you can enable and disable tracing by doing $Devel::Trace::TRACE = 1; # Enable $Devel::Trace::TRACE = 0; # Disable or Devel::Trace::trace('on'); # Enable Devel::Trace::trace('off'); # Disable "Devel::Trace" exports the "trace" function if you ask it to: import Devel::Trace 'trace'; Then if you want you just say trace 'on'; # Enable trace 'off'; # Disable TODO
o You should be able to send the trace output to the filehandle of your choice. o You should be able to specify the format of the output. o You should be able to get the output into a string. We'll see. LICENSE
Devel::Trace 0.11 and its source code are hereby placed in the public domain. Author Mark-Jason Dominus (C<mjd-perl-trace@plover.com>), Plover Systems co. See the C<Devel::Trace.pm> Page at http://www.plover.com/~mjd/perl/Trace for news and upgrades. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-16 Trace(3pm)