Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting strings surrounded by parentheses and seperate by commas Post 302277926 by summer_cherry on Sunday 18th of January 2009 09:43:37 PM
Old 01-18-2009
Code:
sed 's/[()]//g' a.txt | tr "," "\n"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting strings

Hi, How do I extract the bytes size string from the ls -l command. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extracting strings from a file

I want to collect the characters from 1-10 and 20-30 from each line of the file and take them in a file in the following format.Can someone help me with this : string1,string2 string1,string2 string1,string2 : : : : (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmsdelhi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the lines between 2 strings of a file

Hi, I have a sql file and i need to extract the table names used in the sql file using a unix script. If i can extract the lines between the keywords 'FROM' and 'WHERE' in the file, my job is done. can somebody tell me how to do this using a shell script. If u can just let me know, how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babloo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing strings in seperate files

Hello, I am comparing files with for mismatches using fgrep but I've run into a problem. fgrep -vf $file1 $file2 > mismatches.dat file1 and file2 both contain file names on each line file1 has filenames which are up to 92 characters long and contain the "$" char. example file name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting numbers from strings

Hello all, I am being dumb with this and I know there is a simple solution. I have a file with the follwing lines bc stuff (more)...............123 bc stuffagain (moretoo)............0 bc stuffyetagain (morehere)......34 failed L3 thing..............1 failed this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gobi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two strings

Hi, I've looked at a few existing posts on this, but they don't seem to work for my inputs. I have a text file where I want to extract all the text between two strings, every time that occurs. Eg my input file is Anna said that she would fetch the bucket. Anna and Ben moved the bucket.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesForeman
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace all occurrences of strings with parentheses

Hi, I tried to adapt bartus's solution to my problem, without success. I want to replace all the occurences of this: with: , where something can contain an arbitrary number of balanced parens and brakets. Any ideas ? Best, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ff1969ff1969
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Extracting variables between commas : GAWK or SED

Hello, I need some help, I got a CSV file called test.txt with this text in it : 08/02/2011;0,677;0,903;1,079;1,336;1,513;1,683 There's only a line and i need to copy theese numbers into variables : 0,677 0,903 1,079 1,336 1,513 1,683 The output file should look like this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jujulips
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extracting data within parentheses

This is my input file: a|b|c(ef)|g|h(km)|p My output file should look like: a|b|ef|g|km|p That is, pipe is the delimiter. The data within pipe must be displayed as it is but if it encounters any data within parentheses, then only the data within parentheses has to be displayed ( the data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksatish89
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match fields surrounded by double quotes with commas?

Hello to all, I'm trying to match only fields surrounded by double quotes that have one or more commas inside. The text is like this "one, t2o",334,"tst,982-0",881,"kmk 9-l","kkd, 115-001, jj-3",5 The matches should be "one, t2o" "tst,982-0" "kkd, 115-001, jj-3" I'm trying with... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
11 Replies
getsubopt(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					     getsubopt(3C)

NAME
getsubopt - parse suboption arguments from a string SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int getsubopt(char **optionp, char * const *keylistp, char **valuep); DESCRIPTION
The getsubopt() function parses suboption arguments in a flag argument. Such options often result from the use of getopt(3C). The getsubopt() argument optionp is a pointer to a pointer to the option argument string. The suboption arguments are separated by commas and each can consist of either a single token or a token-value pair separated by an equal sign. The keylistp argument is a pointer to a vector of strings. The end of the vector is identified by a null pointer. Each entry in the vector is one of the possible tokens that might be found in *optionp. Since commas delimit suboption arguments in optionp, they should not appear in any of the strings pointed to by keylistp. Similarly, because an equal sign separates a token from its value, the application should not include an equal sign in any of the strings pointed to by keylistp. The valuep argument is the address of a value string pointer. If a comma appears in optionp, it is interpreted as a suboption separator. After commas have been processed, if there are one or more equal signs in a suboption string, the first equal sign in any suboption string is interpreted as a separator between a token and a value. Subse- quent equal signs in a suboption string are interpreted as part of the value. If the string at *optionp contains only one suboption argument (equivalently, no commas), getsubopt() updates *optionp to point to the null character at the end of the string. Otherwise, it isolates the suboption argument by replacing the comma separator with a null character and updates *optionp to point to the start of the next suboption argument. If the suboption argument has an associated value (equivalently, contains an equal sign), getsubopt() updates *valuep to point to the value's first character. Otherwise, it sets *valuep to a null pointer. The calling application can use this information to determine whether the presence or absence of a value for the suboption is an error. Additionally, when getsubopt() fails to match the suboption with a token in the keylistp array, the calling application should decide if this is an error or if the unrecognized option should be processed in another way. RETURN VALUES
The getsubopt() function returns the index of the matched token string or -1 if no token strings were matched. ERRORS
No errors are defined. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Use getsubopt() to process options. The following example demonstrates the processing of options to the mount(1M) utility using getsubopt(). #include <stdlib.h> char *myopts[] = { #define READONLY 0 "ro", #define READWRITE 1 "rw", #define WRITESIZE 2 "wsize", #define READSIZE 3 "rsize", NULL}; main(argc, argv) int argc; char **argv; { int sc, c, errflag; char *options, *value; extern char *optarg; extern int optind; . . . while((c = getopt(argc, argv, "abf:o:")) != -1) { switch (c) { case 'a': /* process a option */ break; case 'b': /* process b option */ break; case 'f': ofile = optarg; break; case '?': errflag++; break; case 'o': options = optarg; while (*options != '') { switch(getsubopt(&options,myopts,&value)){ case READONLY : /* process ro option */ break; case READWRITE : /* process rw option */ break; case WRITESIZE : /* process wsize option */ if (value == NULL) { error_no_arg(); errflag++; } else write_size = atoi(value); break; case READSIZE : /* process rsize option */ if (value == NULL) { error_no_arg(); errflag++; } else read_size = atoi(value); break; default : /* process unknown token */ error_bad_token(value); errflag++; break; } } break; } } if (errflag) { /* print usage instructions etc. */ } for (; optind<argc; optind++) { /* process remaining arguments */ } . . . } Example 2 Parse suboptions. The following example uses the getsubopt() function to parse a value argument in the optarg external variable returned by a call to getopt(3C). #include <stdlib.h> ... char *tokens[] = {"HOME", "PATH", "LOGNAME", (char *) NULL }; char *value; int opt, index; while ((opt = getopt(argc, argv, "e:")) != -1) { switch(opt) { case 'e' : while ((index = getsubopt(&optarg, tokens, &value)) != -1) { switch(index) { ... } break; ... } } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mount(1M), getopt(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Sep 2005 getsubopt(3C)