Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX MirrorDisk UX: Should DUMP Be Mirrored? Post 302277800 by vbe on Sunday 18th of January 2009 06:11:38 AM
Old 01-18-2009
Quote:
someone was suggesting that you WOULDN'T want to mirror DUMP. When I boot with my current secondary disk
But the person suggesting has had no point assigned nor given a explanation when asked...
His vocabulary makes me think he is more AIX world (rootvg...) in which it seems true you dont mirror dump (dont ask me why... but if I look at aix with rootvg mirrored there is no mirror for that lv...). I was told at the time (long time past...) by a HP support engineer:" If you mirror the swap, why would you not the dump?" It was enough for me - So I mirror all LVs on vg00... And never had any trouble except the one you already know...

All the best

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Set-up a mirrordisk

Hi, i'm new to this Unix but i want to really start using it as i'm fed up with the highly paid professionals ready to "help" you. On a Alphaserver 400 with Unix 4.0d we had a crash of all three Raid-5 drives. Luckely we had a backup-tape to restore after installation of new controller, disks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rteunissen
1 Replies

3. AIX

Mirrored disk.....

How do I know, which all disks are mirrored? any command? Bala (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
7 Replies

4. Solaris

restore mirrored root

Hi, I have an ultra60 SUN Server with Solaris 10 4/04 S.O. installed on. I mirrored root disk and now I try to restore this. I simulate that I have lose the root FS, not for a hardware faillure but for a software problem and I can't use "meta"commands for using a good submirror. I must restore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonovox
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Booting from a "broken" MirrorDisk UX device

I'm setting up mirroring on five different HP servers (2 Itanium and 3 PA-RISC) this week. The PA-RISC boxes are running HP-UX 11.11 with the latest patches and the Itaniums are on HP-UX 11.23 with the latest patch clusters. This is my first foray into MirrorDisk UX. I found a handy set of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Backup for HW Mirrored Disks

We use SW mirroring (RAID1) using SVM for our SUN servers (which we OEM to end clients with our application on). When I need to make a tape backup for the server (disk), I disable mirroring and perform backup of the entire disk to tape using ufsdump. This process requires an outage and sensitive as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Are my disks mirrored ?

# metastat d1: Mirror Submirror 0: d11 State: Okay Submirror 1: d12 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 14582208 blocks (7.0 GB) d11: Submirror of d1 State: Okay Size: 14582208 blocks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Boot from Mirrored disk

So I have mirrored disk already set up from c1t0d0 to c1t1d0. Is there some special procedures that I need to do before I do and then try to boot from the mirrored disk? I am using a V490 if that helps... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew_1980
7 Replies

9. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

10. AIX

How to extend mirrored VG?

Hi all, I need to extend a lv, but unfortunately I do not have enough space on my mirrored Volume group. I've planned to add 2 more disks to this vg (for mirroring) But ... what's the next steps to extend my lv using these 2 disks with a valid mirroring ? 1. extendvg myvg disk1 disk2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
3 Replies
DUMP-UTMP(8)						     GNU Accounting Utilities						      DUMP-UTMP(8)

NAME
dump-utmp - print an utmp file in human-readable format. SYNOPSIS
dump-acct [-r|--reverse] [-R|--raw] [-n|--num recs] [-h|--help] [ files] DESCRIPTION
dump-acct filename prints a list of all logins. This list is usually written in /var/log/wtmp. All fields are separated by vertical line. Fields are: user name, tty, type, id, pid, hostaddr, host, time. OPTIONS
-h, --help Prints the usage string and default locations of system files to standard output and exits. -n, --num recs Number of lines to print. -r, --reverse Start printing from last records. -R, --raw Print raw records, not human-readable. FILES
wtmp The system wide login record file. See wtmp(5) for further details. SEE ALSO
login(1), wtmp(5), init(8), sa(8). AUTHOR
The GNU accounting utilities were written by Noel Cragg <noel@gnu.ai.mit.edu>. This manual page was written by Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> and updated by Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 6.5.1 2006-04-22 DUMP-UTMP(8)