Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming returning multiple values from a function in C Post 302277768 by aobai on Saturday 17th of January 2009 11:30:09 PM
Old 01-18-2009
first ,you don't use the int ID int fuction foo,
second ,you malloc fname and lname in a fuction(although they are pointers ,but you know ,you can't get a val from a fuction by pass it a pointer ) , int the main ,you don initial them, so the result is random

Last edited by aobai; 01-18-2009 at 12:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

string returning function

I have two string returning function in ESQL/C char *segment_name(lbuffer) char *lbuffer; {..... and char *get_bpdvalue(f_name) char *f_name; {...... both declared above main() char *get_bpdvalue(); char *segment_name(); my problem is segment_name works on sprintf and strcpy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisc
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning from a function

Hi all, I am very new to BASH shell programming. I need to return an integer from a function to the caller function. I did this: but it keeps giving me wrong return: Can someone help me out here, please? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning the name of function used

Hi All In my script, I can call on several functions. I have a logging function that is called by any of these functions. What I would like is some way of identifying which function I am using and pass this to the log function as some parameter. Is there some built in command or way of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin2502
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to capture oracle function returning 2 values in unix

i have an oracle function which returns two values, one is the error message if the function encounters anything and another one which returns a number i need to capture both and pass it on to unix shell script how to do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

5. Programming

Function Returning Pointer

Hi guys. how a functions such fdopen, ... can return pointer? are these functions use static memory(variables)? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

6. Programming

Passing multiple values from a function in C

I know multiple values can be returned from a function in C like this: char **read_file ( char * , unsigned long int * );//this is the function prototypeunsigned long int number_of_words = 0;//variable defined in main() and initialized to 0words_from_dictionary = read_file ( "dictionary.dit" ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output breaking when returning multiple values

I've been trying to write a command-line function to grab a website's MX records and their ip addresses. The code below works with domains that only have one MX record: function kmx { mx=`host -t MX $1 | awk '{ print $7 }'`; ip=`host $mx | sed '/IPv6/d;/handled/d' | awk '{ print $4 }'`; ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning and capturing multiple return values from a function

Hi I am pretty confused in returning and capturing multiple values i have defined a function which should return values "total, difference" i have used as #!/usr/bin/ksh calc() { total=$1+$2 echo "$total" diff=$2-$1 echo "$diff" } I have invoked this function as calc 5 8 Now i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning multiple values in Shell

Hi I have a code as the following #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x row() { a=$1 b=$2 c=$(($a + $b)) d=$(($a * $b)) echo $a $b } e=`row 2 3` set $e echo "The value of c is $c" echo "The value of d is $d" My requirement is I need to pass two arguments to a function and return two values... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] wanted: function with a clean way for multiple return values

Hi, I have a small part of a project which is done as a bash script. bash was selected as an portability issue that works out of the box. In this script I have an exec shell-function, a wrapper around arbitrary commands. I want to have STDOUT, as an addon STDERR and the EXIT-CODE of a specified... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
5 Replies
ZIP_NAME_LOCATE(3)					     Library Functions Manual						ZIP_NAME_LOCATE(3)

NAME
zip_name_locate - get index of file by name LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
#include <zip.h> int zip_name_locate(struct zip *archive, const char *fname, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The zip_name_locate function returns the index of the file named fname in archive. If archive does not contain a file with that name, -1 is returned. The are specified by or'ing the following values, or 0 for none of them. ZIP_FL_NOCASE Ignore case distinctions. ZIP_FL_NODIR Ignore directory part of file name in archive. RETURN VALUES
zip_name_locate returns the index of the file named fname or -1, if archive does not contain an entry of that name. ERRORS
The zip_name_locate function fails and sets the error information to ZIP_ER_NOENT if no entry of the name fname is found in the archive. If one of the arguments is invalid, the error information is set to ZIP_ER_INVAL. SEE ALSO
libzip(3), zip_get_name(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH October 4, 2006 ZIP_NAME_LOCATE(3)