Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to get to a OK prompt on new SUN T5140 Post 302277716 by seg on Saturday 17th of January 2009 03:07:53 PM
Old 01-17-2009
I have not worked on that model yet, I would guess the normal "#." would do it. Go to docs.sun.com and see if you can get the admin docs for that server, they will have all the information you need.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to get to the OK prompt without Sun keyboard

Hi all, I have just replaced the HDD on a Ultra 5 Spark machine, now I need to reinstall Solaris 9. The problem is: how do I get to the OK prompt without a Sun keyboard in order to boot from CD? At moment when I power on the machine I get the following error: Timeout Waiting for ARP/RARP... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sspirito
13 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

3. Solaris

Serial port on the T5140

What is the serial port on the T5140 used for. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
4 Replies

4. Solaris

T5140 and zones

Hi, I need configure this server for two zones (oracle and glassfish). Server has 2CPU 8cores = 128vcpu and 16 GB RAM. I am interested in mainly the division of the processor and memory. What was the configuration that best for Oracle zones? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Bind hang up when process is reaching to 500 Mb, Solaris 10u8, Sun T5140

Hi all, I use latest bind 9.6.1, brand-new T5140 Sun Server, 10u8 Solaris OS, Mar-2010 OS patch to configure a caching dns server. But bind always hang up when process/cache is reaching to 500 Mb ( Though 'prstat -a' check ) Can anyone help me a solution for this problem, i will greatly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
0 Replies

6. Solaris

XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000

Hi, I've got an issue here: After I logon to the xscf prompt of this Sun M5000 and did 'XSCF> version -c xcp', the xscf prompt disappeared. I can't get it back and can't log out. exit rebootxscf logout #. #> #> ~# ~# exit sendbreak exit I tried to set the Mode Switch to the service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Suggestions for new T5140

I've been busy and fell behind on Sun/Oracle. Forgive me if too basic. I welcome brief, cryptic, or advanced replies. I also welcome noobie information since I may have no clue what's up at the moment. Problem statement: I inherited a computer to set up. I would rather not figure out 8 months... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nevyn
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Reducing threads on T5140

Hi All, We have a T5140 server which has 128 threads in total. Is it possible to reduce the number of threads per core through some configuration changes? I am sorry for being so naive but I am one on this. Why would I like to do this? Unfortunately we have this for an Oracle Database Server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: VENKITACHALAMS8
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun V445 hangs before {0} ok prompt

I am having a problem when booting my Sun V445 machine with Solaris 10 installed on it. Machine hangs at boot at following step : 0>Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved 0>OBP->POST Call with %o0=00000800.01014000. 0>Diag level set to MAX. 0>Verbosity level set to... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: usmanijaz101
21 Replies
LOGIN(8)                                                      System Manager's Manual                                                     LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)