Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris fmthard showing error with prtvtoc Post 302277704 by incredible on Saturday 17th of January 2009 01:55:17 PM
Old 01-17-2009
Check the timestamp. Was this error before you labelled the disk?
And y dont u do the copying of partition table the manual way as seg told? using the format utility,,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Interface not showing : Xview error

Hi I'm having a big trouble running a configuration tool (ftamtool) which uses xview on sunos 5.8, it refuses to start and says: XView error: could not load font 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF... How to force the program to use installed fonts and where are fonts installed available to use ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mailx -s is showing an error

Error is like /users/d12381/check.sh: mail_sysadmin@mycompany: not found Plz help me to sort out this issue (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

3. Solaris

prtvtoc command

If i have diks layout like below 0 root wm 0 - 634 471.29MB (635/0/0) 965200 1 var wm 635 - 2014 1.00GB (1380/0/0) 2097600 2 backup wm 0 - 2732 1.98GB (2733/0/0) 4154160 3 swap wu 2015 - 2704 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpx99
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Error alert keep showing at console

Hi, I would like to ask for your help. I tried to log in through console to my server HP-UX 10.20 but I keep receiving error message as below: Vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace -/dev/vg02/lvol6 file system full Vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg02/lvol9 file system full How should I stop this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Output from prtvtoc

Hi All, when i run the command prtvtoc the output shows 38309 cylinders 38307 accessible cylinders as per my undertanding the 1st cylinder is used for storing the vtoc , how about the second cylinder ? where its used and for what purpose? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

command showing error

Hi, I have an command which find the files modified within last 8 days and then after selecting the files from the location it make the tar format and send it to the specified destination ...now I want that this task to be automative ..that is it should happen after every 5 minutes ...for that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH SAXENA
3 Replies

7. Solaris

fmthard error

Hello, I have a X86 server (solaris 10) with 4 similar disks. One of these 4 disks is the root disk. I need to create a mirror disk to the root disk and two hot spares using the remaining 3 disks. However, when I use the fmthard commad, I am getting the below error: root@xxxxxxxx>prtvtoc... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing error

if ; then rm -rf "${x}"_"${y}"_abc_pqr.dat error: `then' unmatchedCan anyone please help me in correcting it. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D_Sethi
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Prtvtoc not working

Hi, I am trying to mirror a disk (which was already mirror and after breaking it, doing it again). This is root disk and in control of veritas. Somehow, slice information is not coming correctly on this. Can somebody give some pointer to fix it ? root@tdrp091:/root# prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c3t0d0s2 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Copied prtvtoc to original disk

Hi, It is Solaris-10 with ZFS. c0t1d0 is original disk. c0t0d0 was faulty disk, which was replaced with new one and by mistake somebody ran opposite command # prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 Now rpool is in suspended state. Right now server is up, but allowing ssh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies
CFDISK(8)							 GNU cfdisk Manual							 CFDISK(8)

NAME
GNU cfdisk - a curses-based partition table manipulation program SYNOPSIS
cfdisk [options] [device] DESCRIPTION
cfdisk is a disk partition manipulation program, which allows you to create, destroy, resize, move and copy partitions on a hard drive using a simple menu-driven interface. It is useful for organising the disk space on a new drive, reorganising an old drive, creating space for new operating systems, and copying data to new hard disks. For a list of the supported partition types, see the --list-partition-types option below. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a help message. -v, --version displays the program's version. -a, --arrow-cursor use an arrow cursor, instead of reverse video highlighting, in case your terminal doesn't support it. -z, --new-table create a new partition table on the disk. This is useful if you want to change the partition table type or want to repartition you entire drive. Note that this does not delete the old table on the disk until you commit the changes. -u, --units=UNIT sets the default display units to UNIT. A list of possible units is given below. -t, --list-partition-types displays a list of supported partition types and features. UNITS
You can choose in what unit cfdisk should display quantities like partition sizes. You can choose from sectors, percents, bytes, kilobytes, etc. Note that one kilobyte is equal to 1,000 bytes, as this is consistent with the SI prefixes and is used by hard disk manufacturers. If you prefer to see the sizes in units with binary prefixes, you should instead select one kilo binary byte (kibibyte), which is equal to 1,024 bytes. Whatever display unit you have chosen, you can always enter the quantities in the unit of your choice, for example 1000000B or 1000kB. compact display each size in the most suitable unit from B, kB, MB, GB and TB. B one byte kB one kilobyte (1,000 bytes) MB one megabyte (1,000,000 bytes) GB one gigabyte (1,000,000,000 bytes) TB one terabyte (1,000,000,000,000 bytes) KiB one kilo binary byte (1,024 bytes) MiB one mega binary byte (1,048,576 bytes) GiB one giga binary byte (1,073,741,824 bytes) TiB one tera binary byte (1,099,511,627,776 bytes) s one sector. It depends on the sector size of the disk. You can use it if you want to see or choose the exact size in sectors. % one percent from the size of the disk cyl one cylinder. It depends on the cylinder size. chs use CHS display units. BUGS
There are no known bugs. We are in early stages for development, so be careful. SEE ALSO
fdisk(8), mkfs(8), parted(8) The cfdisk program is fully documented in the info(1) format GNU cfdisk User Manual manual. fdisk 16 June, 2006 CFDISK(8)