Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitoring specific files and folders Post 302277676 by ynilesh on Saturday 17th of January 2009 12:53:12 PM
Old 01-17-2009
Use tripwire.

- nilesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

decompressed files to specific folders

Hi all, I have a script below which meant to decompress *.tr.gz to allocated folder. e.g. hello.tar.gz should be decompress to a subdirectory called hello and all the files should be in hello subdirectory. How do i do it? Am i missing anything? Condition: there are existing tar.gz in teh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying specific files from remote m/c to specific folders

Hi All, I am trying to rsync some of the latest files from remote m/c to my local linux box. Folder structure in my remote m/c looks like this /pub/Nightly/Package/ROLL/WIN /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/sol /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/linux Each of the folder contains gzip files which on daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhoomsharabi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring specific string or keyword in rotating log files.

Hi there, I like to ask how i shall monitor specific string or keyword in rotating log files. e.g. I have at 10 rotating logfiles. I use the command below to grep the string, but eventually become non functional because the logfile rotates and new logfile is active. tail -f <logfile1> |grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shtobias
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring for specific date stamped files before and after midnight

Hi Guys, I am having a brain freeze.... I want to monitor a directory for a time stamped file on a sol 10 system in bash or ksh, the files will come in looking like this.. randomfile.DDMMYY.rpt The problem i am having is the file can come in before or after midnight, the file will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to download specific files and save in two folders

I am trying to download all files from a user authentication, password protected https site, with a particular extension (.bam). The files are ~20GB each and I am not sure if the below is the best way to do it. I am also not sure how to direct the downloaded files to a folder as well as external... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all the files and folders inside all the directories except some specific directory?

hi, i have a requirement to delete all the files from all the directories except some specific directories like archive and log. for example: there are following directories such as A B C D Archive E Log F which contains some sub directories and files. The requirement is to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to move specific files from folders in find file

I have a directory /home/cmccabe/nfs/exportedReports that contains multiple folders in it. The find writes the name of each folder to out.txt. A new directory is then created in a new location /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API, named with the date. What I am trying to do, unsuccessfully at the moment,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files in specific folders

Hi Team, I am new to the linux commands and I really need help . I would be really thankful if I can get some inputs. I have below folders in the path "/home/temp" 20170428 20170427 20170429 changes tempI need to get the files generated in the last 15 mins in all the above folders... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackJinu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying specific file types to specific folders

I am trying to write a script that cycles through a folder containing many folders and when inside each one it's supposed to copy all the .fna.gz files to a folder elsewhere if the file and the respective folder have the same name. for fldr in /home/playground/genomes/* ; do find .... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Keystrokes
8 Replies
refile(1)						      General Commands Manual							 refile(1)

NAME
refile - file message in other folders (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
refile [msgs] [+folder] [options] OPTIONS
Refiles the draft message, or the current message in your +drafts folder, if you have one set up. You cannot give a msgs argument when you use this option. Moves a file into a folder. This option takes a file from its directory and places it in the named folder, as the next message in the folder. The file must be formatted as a legal mail message. This means that the message must have the minimum header fields separated from the body of the message by a blank line or a line of dashes. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Keeps a copy of the message in the source folder. Normally, refile removes the messages from the original folder when it refiles them. The -link option keeps a copy in the original folder, as well as filing a copy in the new folder. Preserves the number of a message in the new folder. Normally, when a message is refiled in to another folder, it is set to the next available number in that folder. The -preserve option keeps the number of the message the same in the new folder as it had been in the old. You cannot have two messages with the same number in one folder, so you should use this option with care. Specifies the source folder to take messages from. Normally, messages are refiled from the current folder into another folder. However, you can take mes- sages from a different folder by using the -src +folder option to specify the alternative source folder. DESCRIPTION
Use the refile command to move the specified message from the current folder to another folder. You can refile messages in more than one folder by giving multiple folder names as arguments. If you do not specify a message, the current message is refiled. You can refile a message other than the current message by giving its num- ber as a msgs argument. You can also refile more than one message at a time by specifying more than one message number, or a range of mes- sage numbers, or a message sequence. See mark(1) for more information on sequences. The current folder remains the same unless the -src option is specified; in that case, the source folder becomes current. Normally, the last message specified becomes the current message. However, if the -link option is used, the current message is not changed. If the Previous-Sequence: entry is set in the file, in addition to defining the named sequences from the source folder, refile will also define those sequences for the destination folders. See mh_profile(4) for information concerning the previous sequence. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory Folder-Protect: To set protections when creating a new folder rmmproc: Program to delete the message EXAMPLES
The following example refiles messages 3 and 5 in the folder +records: % refile 3 5 +records The next example files the current message into two folders: % refile +jones +map The next example takes message 13 in the current folder and refiles it in the +test folder. The mes- sage remains in the current folder as well as appearing in the +test folder. % refile -link 13 +test The next example takes a message from the folder +test when it is not the current folder, and places it in the folder +outbox: % refile 3 -src +test +outbox FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
folder(1), mark(1), mh_profile(4) refile(1)