Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix timestamp to readable date Post 302277673 by Rhije on Saturday 17th of January 2009 12:20:50 PM
Old 01-17-2009
haha, well I meant any *nix command that could do it, sorry about that.

I suppose its not that I need a *nix command that does it, perl works just as well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a command Smilie

Thanks reborg!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

override the system date-timestamp on the Unix servers

I am looking for a tool that allows us to override the system date-timestamp on the Unix servers so that we can perform regression tests using the same set of scripts and data. CDS is an example of a system where the logic is very date/time dependent. It would make regression testing much easier... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidH
5 Replies

2. Programming

converting unix timestamp into readable format using c++

hi everyone, im new here and am in desperate need of help. I want to convert my 32 bit unix time stamp ' 45d732f6' into a readable format (Sat, 17 February 2007 16:53:10 UTC) using c++. I have looked around the interent but i just cant make sense of anything. All examples i can find just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uselessprog
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert unix date to readable format

Dear Experts, I need your help to convert a unix date and time format number in to readable format like dd/mm/yyyy . I have a text file of more than 10,000 records and it is like NAME DATE1 COUNTRY DATE2 ABD 1223580395699 USA 1223580395699... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX/awk date to unix timestamp

Hello, I am inside a awk script on AIX, I am feeding to awk ls -luNR i need to convert ls -u time format "month day h:m/yr" to Unix epoch time, POSIX time, or aka unix timestamp I do not have strftime funk in my awk, and i have to do this fast meaning that I cannot do a system call in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To convert a date(in string format) to unix timestamp

Hi All, I have a string like below. "Mar 31 2009" . I want to convert this to unix time . Also please let me know how to find the unix time for the above string minus one day. For Eg. if i have string "Mar 31 2009" i want to find the unix time stamp of "Mar 30 2009". Thanks in advance,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

7. AIX

convert a specific date to a unix timestamp

hello, i have an AIX5.3 machine and i am writing a script to display some processes. inside the script i want to get the time that the process starts and convert it to a unix timestamp. is there a command that i can use to do that? i search the web but all i found is long scripts and it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX timestamp to readable format in the file

Hello I have a file : file1.txt with the below contents : 237176 test1 test2 1442149024 237138 test3 test4 1442121300 237171 test5 test7 1442112823 237145 test9 test10 1442109600 In the above file fourth field represents the timestamp in Unix format. I found a command which converts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date in dd mm yyyy format to UNIX timestamp

Hello All, I have a date in DD/MM/YYYY format. I am trying to convert this into unix timestamp. I have tried following: date -d $mydate +%s where mydate = 23/12/2016 00:00:00 I am getting following error: date: extra operand `+%s' Try `date --help' for more information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angshuman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Numeric Time to Readable Timestamp - Perl

I am trying to hit an URL using below command and get the data into an excel sheet. wget --user=<<USERID>> --pass=<<PASSWROD>> http://www.files.thatbelongstome.com/file1 -O test1.xls Next step is to consolidate files from 1 to 10 in a single excel sheet and send to my mail. I am working on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PikK45
1 Replies
EASTER_DATE(3)								 1							    EASTER_DATE(3)

easter_date - Get Unix timestamp for midnight on Easter of a given year

SYNOPSIS
int easter_date ([int $year = date("Y")]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the Unix timestamp corresponding to midnight on Easter of the given year. Warning This function will generate a warning if the year is outside of the range for Unix timestamps (i.e. before 1970 or after 2037). The date of Easter Day was defined by the Council of Nicaea in AD325 as the Sunday after the first full moon which falls on or after the Spring Equinox. The Equinox is assumed to always fall on 21st March, so the calculation reduces to determining the date of the full moon and the date of the following Sunday. The algorithm used here was introduced around the year 532 by Dionysius Exiguus. Under the Julian Calendar (for years before 1753) a simple 19-year cycle is used to track the phases of the Moon. Under the Gregorian Calendar (for years after 1753 - devised by Clavius and Lilius, and introduced by Pope Gregory XIII in October 1582, and into Britain and its then colonies in September 1752) two correction factors are added to make the cycle more accurate. PARAMETERS
o $year - The year as a number between 1970 an 2037. If omitted, defaults to the current year according to the local time. RETURN VALUES
The easter date as a unix timestamp. EXAMPLES
Example #1 easter_date(3) example <?php echo date("M-d-Y", easter_date(1999)); // Apr-04-1999 echo date("M-d-Y", easter_date(2000)); // Apr-23-2000 echo date("M-d-Y", easter_date(2001)); // Apr-15-2001 ?> NOTES
Note easter_date(3) relies on your system's C library time functions, rather than using PHP's internal date and time functions. As a con- sequence, easter_date(3) uses the TZ environment variable to determine the time zone it should operate in, rather than using PHP's default time zone, which may result in unexpected behaviour when using this function in conjunction with other date functions in PHP. As a workaround, you can use the easter_days(3) with DateTime and DateInterval to calculate the start of Easter in your PHP time zone as follows: <?php function get_easter_datetime($year) { $base = new DateTime("$year-03-21"); $days = easter_days($year); return $base->add(new DateInterval("P{$days}D")); } foreach (range(2012, 2015) as $year) { printf("Easter in %d is on %s ", $year, get_easter_datetime($year)->format('F j')); } ?> The above example will output: Easter in 2012 is on April 8 Easter in 2013 is on March 31 Easter in 2014 is on April 20 Easter in 2015 is on April 5 SEE ALSO
easter_days(3) for calculating Easter before 1970 or after 2037 . PHP Documentation Group EASTER_DATE(3)