Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sorting in ramdisk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting in ramdisk Post 302277664 by ChicagoBlues on Saturday 17th of January 2009 10:48:26 AM
Old 01-17-2009
I think this was a memory issue due to write error because I ran the same syntax through a smaller dataset and it worked.

- CB

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix ramdisk?

This may be a stupid question but I've noticed that there is quite a bit out there currently for a ramdisk on that Redmond company's OS. Is there a ramdisk made for Unix and if not, why? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create a ramdisk

Hi all, I wanted to make a ramdisk for a opensolaris distro. I have very little idea of how to create it? can anyone pls help me out? Is there any tutorial on creating it on the net??? Also can i make changes to the actual os itself by changing the scripts involved in ramdisk then use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ramdisk already defined

I am trying to mount the ramdisk for sorting, and i get the message "ramdisk already defined." What exactly is /dev/ramdisk0 and is it safe to remove it? # command sudo -S mktd 60 <<EOF initiate EOF # block of code for mktd ... && { print "ramdisk already defined." ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

initial ramdisk in ubuntu

hi everybody! i need your help! i have some problems with "initial ramdisk" (initrd). i did with instructions of the following link Linux initial RAM disk (initrd) overview but my initrd not run. after loading, it stopped,and failure notice : "ramdisk : compressed image found at block 0 no... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xikechamh
0 Replies

5. AIX

maximum size of a ramdisk on AIX 5.3

Hi, Do you know what is the maximum size I can use to create a ramdisk on AIX 5.3? I m pretty sure i've seen somewhere i can use more than 2 Gb but I can't remember where. I need to do some recommandations for one of my customer and they'll need to create a ramdisk of 20 Gb. Can this be done? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cedric hanquez
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view Ramdisk Initialization Process

Dear all, I read some articles about initrd, but how to view this process in my computer :(? Is there anyway to display to the screen or write to the log file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hannibal2010
3 Replies
H5FROMH4(1)							      h5utils							       H5FROMH4(1)

NAME
h5fromh4 - convert HDF4 scientific datasets to an HDF5 file SYNOPSIS
h5fromh4 [OPTION]... [HDF4FILE]... DESCRIPTION
h5fromh4 takes one or more files in HDF4 format and outputs files in HDF5 format containing the datasets from the HDF4 files. (Currently, only a single dataset per HDF4 file is converted.) HDF4 and HDF5 are free, portable binary formats and supporting libraries developed by the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign. A single h5 file can contain multiple data sets; by default, h5fromh4 creates a dataset called "data", but this can be changed via the -d option, or by using the syntax HDF5FILE:DATASET with the -o option. The -a option can be used to append new datasets to an existing HDF5 file. If the -o option is used and multiple HDF4 files are specified, all the HDF4 datasets are output into that HDF5 file with the input filenames (minus the ".hdf" suffix) used as the dataset names. The most basic usage is something like 'h5fromh4 foo.hdf', which will output a file foo.h5 containing the scientific dataset from foo.hdf. OPTIONS
-h Display help on the command-line options and usage. -V Print the version number and copyright info for h5fromh4. -v Verbose output. -a If the HDF5 output file already exists, append the data as a new dataset rather than overwriting the file (the default behavior). An existing dataset of the same name within the file is overwritten, however. -o file Send HDF5 output to file rather than to the input filename with .hdf replaced with .h5 (the default). If multiple input files were specified, this causes all input datasets to be stored in file (rather than in separate files), with the input filenames (minus the .hdf suffix) as the dataset names. -d name Write to dataset name in the output; otherwise, the output dataset is called "data" by default. Alternatively, use the syntax HDF5FILE:DATASET with the -o option. BUGS
Send bug reports to S. G. Johnson, stevenj@alum.mit.edu. AUTHORS
Written by Steven G. Johnson. Copyright (c) 2005 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. h5utils March 9, 2002 H5FROMH4(1)