Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pkgadd error
Operating Systems Solaris Pkgadd error Post 302277623 by lbreddy on Saturday 17th of January 2009 01:50:54 AM
Old 01-17-2009
Pkgadd error

Hi All,

Good Mng,Here I am getting one error while adding the top package to one of my Aun server.

root@HYDREM01 # pkgadd -d top-3.6.1-sol9-sparc-local

The following packages are available:
1 SMCtop top
(sparc) 3.6.1

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]:

Processing package instance <SMCtop> from </top-3.6.1-sol9-sparc-local>
pkgadd: ERROR: unable to make temporary directory </tmp:/installyga4h4>

No changes were made to the system.

I am unable to install this pkg in my server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pkgadd

I am adding gcc 3.3.2 to my unix box what is the best way to do it???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alsande
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PKGADD error

Hello.. I'm making a pkg file that inserts a few files into an existing directory structure. I'm having some trouble in that the package will insert the directories I need.. but will fail to put the files I want into those directories. What I'm getting is this: ERROR: attribute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bags
2 Replies

3. Solaris

pkgadd

is there an option in pkgadd to accept the default option? I want to use pkgadd in a script and do not want to stop at intercative questions. thx. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

4. Solaris

pkgadd help

I'm trying to install a package and it worked on most of the sun boxes and one of the box is just freezing and not going further. Her is the output. pkgadd -d packagename.dstream Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process all packages). (default: all) : Processing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

WARNING: filename <not present on Read Only file system>+pkgadd error

Hi when trying to install the package initially that i have created on to the target host, i am getting error as below for all the files/directories during pkgadd. WARNING: filename <not present on Read Only file system> ........... ........... and so on. When i do the second attempt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran.zamre
1 Replies

6. Solaris

pkgadd?

Hi all. Is there an option to #pkgadd to test if package bundle you want to install requires a reboot? #pkgadd -d "package bundle" an option like test or a dry run? Suggestions, anyone? :confused: Reloader (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reloader
2 Replies

7. Solaris

pkgadd woes

Morning all, I am attempting to load a package from a Solaris 8 CDROM. This fails with the error : "pkgadd: ERROR: unable to access pkgmap file </cdrom/ .........../SUNWlibC/pkgmap> No changes were made to the system" Any help would be appreciated Andy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyD
6 Replies

8. Solaris

pkgadd changes permissions of /etc

Hi, when I install a package using pkgadd, it correctly installs the binary files with the user name that I want. However it also changes the permissions of /etc/rc2.d. I don't want this to happen. I want to retain original owner of /etc/rc2.d as it is. I could see that before installing,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: funwithdolphin
1 Replies

9. Solaris

samba error after install with pkgadd

Hello this is samiulla. i face this issue. i installed samba with pkgadd after i install i add paths for that. -bash-3.00# echo $PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/samba/sbin:/usr/local/samba/bin/ -bash-3.00# when enter this commad smbd -D i got this error smbd -D... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samiulla
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Pkgadd error no packages found in /var

Hello all! So I'm trying to do an install, I'm using a command like pkgadd -d /opt/te_agent_8.1.0_en_solaris_sparc/te_agent.pkg TWEagent And receive the following: pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </var/tmp/dstreAAAAXaq3z> So what gives? Why is it looking in /var/tmp? I'm telling... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HannibalRex
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)