Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX SMS menus are not supported on JS20 Post 302277560 by aixylinux on Friday 16th of January 2009 03:23:26 PM
Old 01-16-2009
Issue boot command from open firmware prompt

Read the redbook referenced at IBM Redbooks | The IBM eServer BladeCenter JS20

See also pSeries and AIX Information Center

These references tell you how to set up the NIM server and how to do a netboot from the open firmware prompt. But, basically, you press 8 during the count down, then issue a boot command such as (all on one line -- the line will not wrap if it exceeds window width of 80 -- maximize screen and chose small font so the entire command can be entered and seen on one line. Also, you can't copy/paste very well into the open firmware prompt -- it will drop characters).

boot /pci@8000000f8000000/pci@0/ethernet@1,1:bootp,99.99.99.100,,99.99.99.101,99.99.99.100

The example above is for en1 interface. The device is ethernet@1 for the en0 interface. In this example the gateway is not the server IP because the client IP is on another subnet.

boot /pci@8000000f8000000/pci@0/ethernet@1:bootp,99.99.99.100,,99.99.98.101,99.99.99.1

(the parameters after the bootp are server_ip,,client_ip,gateway_ip - when you are on the same LAN segment, the server and gateway can and should be the same - note the double commas after the server IP address - very important)

There is also useful information in the hardware manual part number 90P3485 located at https://www-304.ibm.com/systems/supp...cid=MIGR-54742

edit by bakunin: ahem..., methinks you have posted to the wrong thread. I have moved it here. If it was meant to even another thread please contact me.

Last edited by bakunin; 01-17-2009 at 12:45 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses -> the best way to use menus

hello there, i'm exploring the curses lib and i'm having some trouble with "defining a style". to clarify: i'm creating a menu driven app and i've been thinking what's the best way to use menus: make global vars (not my favourite), creating a function which designs the menu and returns the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
2 Replies

2. AIX

JS20, pseries and NIM for dummies, a request for mercy

Hello to all, Goal: Efficiently allow for mass deployment of AIX to PSeries hardware. Problems: Numerous, too many to list here. Now for a rather lengthy expansion... Let me just go ahead and say that I am desperately and humbly asking for as much experienced assistance as I can get. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: get2work
0 Replies

3. AIX

JS20 LPAR setup

Can anyone help with LPAR setup on JS20 .i need to make 3 LPAR on JS20 .what specification do i need like software. Can any one highlight the step by stpe guide line for setup/install of LPAR on JS20 Regards Mazil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazil.baig
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell menus And Oracle

Dear All, Kindly suggest on how should i proceed with the following requirement I need to develop an interactive shell script menu which would enable the user to inquire the value of a column based on a key value . The output can be more records.. Also is it possible to do the following 1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cascading bash menus

I currently have a main menu (using whiptail) and one of the options makes an instance of another menu - sort of cascading fashion. I like to be able to terminate the current (top) menu and return to the underlying main one. I was thinking enclosing the main menu in "do... done" block. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
0 Replies
Device::Gsm::Sms(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Device::Gsm::Sms(3pm)

NAME
Device::Gsm::Sms - SMS message internal class that represents a single text SMS message SYNOPSIS
# A list of Device::Gsm::Sms messages is returned by # Device::Gsm messages() method. use Device::Gsm; ... @sms = $gsm->messages(); if( @sms ) { foreach( @sms ) { print $msg->storage() , " "; print $msg->recipient() , " "; print $msg->sender() , " "; print $msg->content() , " "; print $msg->time() , " "; print $msg->type() , " "; } } # Or you can instance a sms message from raw PDU data my $msg = new Device::Gsm::Sms( header => '+CMGL: ...', pdu => `[encoded pdu data]', storage=> 'ME', # or 'SC' ); if( defined $msg ) { print $msg->recipient() , " "; print $msg->sender() , " "; print $msg->content() , " "; # or $msg->text() print $msg->time() , " "; print $msg->type() , " "; } $msg->delete(); DESCRIPTION
"Device::Gsm::Sms" class implements very basic SMS message object, that can be used to decode "+CMGL" GSM command response to build a more friendly high-level object. METHODS
The following is a list of methods applicable to "Device::Gsm::Sms" objects. content() See text() method. decode() Starts the decoding process of pdu binary data. If decoding process ends in success, return value is true and sms object is filled with all proper values. If decoding process has errors or pdu data is not provided, return value is 0 (zero). delete() Delete the current SMS message from sim card. Example: $gsm = Device::Gsm->new(); ... my @msg = $gsm->messages(); $msg[0] && $msg[0]->delete(); new() Basic constructor. You can build a new "Device::Gsm::Sms" object from the raw +CMGL header and PDU data. Those data is then decoded and a new sms object is instanced and all information filled, to be available for subsequent method calls. The allowed parameters to new() method are: header This is the raw +CMGL header string as modem outputs when you issue a +CMGL command pdu Binary encoded sms data storage Tells which storage to delete the message from. Check the documentation of your phone to know valid storage values. Default values are: "ME" Deletes messages from gsm phone memory. "SC" Deletes messages from sim card. index() Returns the sms message index number, that is the position of message in the internal device memory or sim card. This number is used for example to delete the message. my $gsm = Device::Gsm->new(port=>'/dev/ttyS0'); ... my @messages = $gsm->messages(); ... # Delete the first returned message my $msg = shift @messages; $gsm->delete_sms( $msg->index() ); recipient() Returns the sms recipient number (destination address = DA) as string (ex.: +39012345678). sender() Returns the sms sender number (originating address = OA) as string. status() Status of the message can be one value from the following list: storage() Returns the storage where SMS has been read from. text() Returns the textual content of sms message. token() Returns the given PDU token of the decoded message (internal usage). type() SMS messages can be of two types: SMS_SUBMIT and SMS_DELIVER, that are defined by two constants with those names. type() method returns one of these two values. Example: if( $sms->type() == Device::Gsm::Sms::SMS_DELIVER ) { # ... } elsif( $sms->type() == Device::Gsm::Sms::SMS_SUBMIT ) { # ... } REQUIRES
o Device::Gsm EXPORTS
None TODO
o Complete and proof-read documentation and examples COPYRIGHT
Device::Gsm::Sms - SMS message simple class that represents a text SMS message Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Cosimo Streppone, cosimo@cpan.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the Perl licensing terms for details. AUTHOR
Cosimo Streppone, cosimo@cpan.org SEE ALSO
Device::Gsm, perl(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-08 Device::Gsm::Sms(3pm)