Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How a normal user run a script including root privileaged commands Post 302277507 by initin on Friday 16th of January 2009 02:34:59 PM
Old 01-16-2009
Thanks dear ,
But I am using HPux 9.0 & I dont have the sudo installed & not available on for download also.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Other than root user .Normal user is unable to create files

Hi all, I am using Sun Solaris 9 .In this system normal users unable to create files from the command line.I added these users in bin,adm and even root group i found them unable to create a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mallesh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

su root from normal user

Got a cron to run everyday under my user. this cronjob runs a script from my /home/jack/scripts/run.sh clear # # su to root and run a script, return with result # su - # passwd # run /getfile.sh # return with result # the result will copy 2 files from /prod/app/logs/ and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

5. Solaris

java version mismatch for normal user and root user

:confused: I installed latest version of java ( jre 1.6) on Solaris Machine ......when I run java -version as root, shows the latest version but when I run java -version as normal user, shows the old / previous version What should I do to fix this ...should show the latest version... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run a bash script that logs on as a non-root user and runs script as root

So I have a script that runs as a non-root user, lets say the username is 'xymon' . This script needs to log on to a remote system as a non-root user also and call up a bash script that runs another bash script as root. in short: user xymon on system A needs to run a file as root user and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damang111
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands as root user

Hello I have a script which is working fine so far to generate HTML file. Now i am wondering how do i include a syntax where it can change itself to root user and execute a specific commands as root user. Please help, Thanks in advance. -Siddhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

8. AIX

List of AIX commands that can be run by ROOT user ONLY

Hello, I am testing sudo and I want to test it. Can anyone please let me know few commands (of course other than shutdown, reboot etc. as I can't reboot the box) on AIX that can be run by ROOT only. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 PM... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Switching from root to normal user takes me to user's home dir

Whenever i switch from root to another user, by doing su - user, it takes me to home directory of user. This is very annoying as i want to be in same dir to run different commands as root sometimes and sometimes as normal user. How to fix this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will Chkconfig works for normal user apart from root user

Hi, I am trying to schedule a script that starts on reboot.I came across chkconfig utility to schedule scripts on reboot. Problem here is can i how to use this chkconfig to schedule a script that runs a s normal user. Or if there is any other function to schedule on reboot as normal user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveena kotapa
4 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)