Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New runlevel service
Operating Systems Linux SuSE New runlevel service Post 302277477 by avronius on Friday 16th of January 2009 11:45:58 AM
Old 01-16-2009
Maybe try this:

Create a new script that prints the results of ENV to a file.date.time.

Create two aliases - one to run this at S10, and one to run it at S99. Perhaps there's an environment setting that is being revised midway through the startup scripts....

I've seen stranger things happen

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Runlevel in Freebsd?

Hello, Is there any runlevels in freebsd? Like in linux or solaris? Thanks -I (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insomniac
2 Replies

2. Linux

runlevel from cmdline or lilo?

Hi, Is it possible to specify runlevel from bootloader command line? I would like to override settings from /etc/inittab without changing it. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odys
2 Replies

3. Linux

Runlevel(s)

Can some exsplain to to me what runlevel 1-9 do? I need to know. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irish Jimmy
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple runlevel options at Bootup

Is it possible to give multiple runlevel options during boot up.. When the Welcome screen appears, i want to give multiple runlevel options.. So the user can boot into any desired runlevel he wants.. Found this kinda interesting.. Any hints and solutions please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Running a script in runlevel 1

hi all i have to run a script in run level 1 automatically i.e when i give init 1 from runlevel 3 that script should run after entering into runlevel 1. where can i put that script so that it will run as i said above..??? something similar to rc.local but this will run in runlevel 3(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar_md
1 Replies

6. Solaris

runlevel issue

hi all i am using solaris 10 with run level 3.(Graphical Interface). I am a beginner to solaris so that i just want to do some R&D with my machine. I decided to boot into the command line interface, so i go througth the internet and find that the following command should be given to boot into the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
8 Replies

7. Programming

Problem in determining runlevel through a C program

Hi, I am trying with the following code to retrieve the runlevel of my Linux Ubuntu 8.04 system by reading the "utmp" database. But I am getting blank output. May I know what correction I should do inorder to make this program to work? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)