Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can anybody write this bash script ? Post 302277474 by Franklin52 on Friday 16th of January 2009 11:38:30 AM
Old 01-16-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhije
Hey Cecko,

You got me interested in the script now, anything else you need? Send me a message if you want!
Please follow our rules.

(10) Don't post your email address and ask for an email reply. Don't send a private message with a technical question. The forums are for the benefit of all, so all Q&A should take place in the forums.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Read & Write on different directories

Hi, root@server] df -h 121G 14G 101G 12% /home 147G 126G 14G 91% /backup We having our site files and images are storing in /backup/home/user/files/ through symbolic link created in /home directory pointing in /backup directory as following. root@server] cd /home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirfan
1 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script in bash.

I am very new to Linux/Unix. Kindly assist the following: I wish to write a bash shell script called how_many_to_go that calculates and prints the number of days, hours, minutes and/or seconds until the end of the current month (based on the output of the date command). Do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alobi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write bash script code

I am newbie to UNIX. I came across this exercise in one the books.Can anyone help me with this question?????? Write a short Bash script that, given the name of a file as an argument, reads the file name and creates a new file containing only lines which consist of one word. Here is an example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krthknaidu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script reg-exp , replace , open and write

Hi All I am a new in scripting language and I would like help for you guys I would like to create a file named constant.h and search into all files *.m in specific directory for a reg-exp @"LBL_]+" exp: @"LBL_75847" , and write those matchs to constant.h if there are not written (no... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: molwiko
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write bash script that will automatically extract zip file

i'm trying to write a bash script that that will automatically extract zip files after the download. i writed this script #!/bin/bash wget -c https://github.com/RonGokhle/kernel-downloader/zipball/master CURRENDIR=/home/kernel-downloader cd $CURRENDIR rm $CURRENDIR/zipfiles 2>/dev/null ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron gokhle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write bash shell script for mentioned requirement?

Hi All, I am unable to write the script for the below requirement. Requirement: Main table dir_ancillary table contain three column "dir_ancillary.table_name"," dir_ancillary.text_file_name ", "dir_ancillary.Include" . This dir_ancillary contain undefined tables in the column... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vineeta Nigam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write bash script for lvm snapshot?

Hi Team I am trying to put together a nice small script to mount my lvm snapshot Here are my objectives 1 Check whether snapshot is currently mounted. If so echo umount snapshot and exit from the script. 2 If it's not mounting, check whether the mount point exist, If so, create lvm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugeulu
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to break up file (write new files) in bash

Hello experts, I need help writing individual files from a data matrix, with each new file being written every time there is a blank line: From this cat file.txt col1 col2 col3 6661 7771 8881 6661 7771 8881 6661 7771 8881 col1 col2 col3 3451 2221 1221... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How To Write my Bash Script To Automate it?

Hello guys, I need some help. I am new in bash and I don't know how to automate the following script. head -2 out1 > 1.fasta sed ‘1,2 d' out1 > out2 rm out1 head -2 out2 > 2.fasta sed ‘1,2 d' out2 > out1 rm out2 head -2 out2 > 3.fasta sed '1,2 d' out2 > out1 rm out2 .......... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellia222
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a value to a physical memory address in bash script?

How would I write a value to a physical memory address? I was able to read a physical memory address (for example, 0x400) using this line: dd if=/dev/mem count=4 bs=1 skip=$(( 0x400 )) But I get an error: dd: 'standard input': cannot skip to specified offset when I try to write using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rabrandt
1 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux