Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how inode works
Operating Systems Solaris how inode works Post 302277268 by lamoul on Thursday 15th of January 2009 10:22:28 PM
Old 01-15-2009
Thank you very much for both of you. It's great answers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

%Inode used full

Hello I have used 100% of inode in a file system can you increase thie number of inode without backup-make the file system again-restore ? thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

INode

hi i am nitin... jus a new kid on the block... my query is... does the concept of region invovle sharin of inodes wen the sticky it is set... eg... if two process share two text regions... wat actually happens thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinsharma_ssn
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Inode number

as kernel keeps track of user activities on a file by its INODE number and I node table . what is the structure of Inode table. and where does this Inode table mapped into?user space or kernel space? is the Inode Number is fixed for a file till its deletion? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: compbug
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

inode no and fd path

hi, can anyone please tell me where i can extract inode numbers and path associated with all file descriptors. i want these informations only. is there any system call or functions to get these things? i hav a RHEL 4. also /proc/pid/fd shows some file descriptor list. is that the proper path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjaykhuntia
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

incore inode

Dear Friend , what is incore inode ? and what is difference between incore inode and inode ????? sanjay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjaygoyan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

about inode

how can i see inode table information of a perticler inode.anybody knows pls tell me. Than.Q (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
3 Replies

7. AIX

FS inode 58%

Hi Guys, I have this filesystem got big with inode: /dev/hd4 3670016 183664 95% 63705 58% /var I don't know why the system doesn't give alerts on this FS although it's 95% and why the inode is 58%. Any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inode filename

can someone please tell me why is the filename not inlcuded in the inode of the file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wowman
2 Replies

9. Solaris

inode in solaris

Dear, How can i check inode information in my Solaris box? With Regards, Mjoshi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Specify the inode of a file?

Is there any way to create a file on Solaris 10 (ZFS preferably, but UFS would be helpful as well) with a specific inode number? I need to create a file with a large inode, greater than a 32bit integer. I am trying to test a piece of software which may be incorrectly truncating large inodes down... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
16 Replies
FITCIRCLE(l)															      FITCIRCLE(l)

NAME
fitcircle - find mean position and pole of best-fit great [or small] circle to points on a sphere. SYNOPSIS
fitcircle [ xyfile ] -Lnorm [ -H[nrec] ] [ -S ] [ -V ] [ -: ] [ -bi[s][n] ] DESCRIPTION
fitcircle reads lon,lat [or lat,lon] values from the first two columns on standard input [or xyfile]. These are converted to cartesian three-vectors on the unit sphere. Then two locations are found: the mean of the input positions, and the pole to the great circle which best fits the input positions. The user may choose one or both of two possible solutions to this problem. The first is called -L1 and the second is called -L2. When the data are closely grouped along a great circle both solutions are similar. If the data have large dispersion, the pole to the great circle will be less well determined than the mean. Compare both solutions as a qualitative check. The -L1 solution is so called because it approximates the minimization of the sum of absolute values of cosines of angular distances. This solution finds the mean position as the Fisher average of the data, and the pole position as the Fisher average of the cross-products between the mean and the data. Averaging cross-products gives weight to points in proportion to their distance from the mean, analogous to the "leverage" of distant points in linear regression in the plane. The -L2 solution is so called because it approximates the minimization of the sum of squares of cosines of angular distances. It creates a 3 by 3 matrix of sums of squares of components of the data vectors. The eigenvectors of this matrix give the mean and pole locations. This method may be more subject to roundoff errors when there are thousands of data. The pole is given by the eigenvector corresponding to the smallest eigenvalue; it is the least-well represented factor in the data and is not easily estimated by either method. -L Specify the desired norm as 1 or 2, or use -L or -L3 to see both solutions. OPTIONS
xyfile ASCII [or binary, see -b] file containing lon,lat [lat,lon] values in the first 2 columns. If no file is specified, fitcircle will read from standard input. -H Input file(s) has Header record(s). Number of header records can be changed by editing your .gmtdefaults file. If used, GMT default is 1 header record. -S Attempt to fit a small circle instead of a great circle. The pole will be constrained to lie on the great circle connecting the pole of the best-fit great circle and the mean location of the data. -V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. -: Toggles between (longitude,latitude) and (latitude,longitude) input/output. [Default is (longitude,latitude)]. Applies to geo- graphic coordinates only. -bi Selects binary input. Append s for single precision [Default is double]. Append n for the number of columns in the binary file(s). [Default is 2 input columns]. EXAMPLES
Suppose you have lon,lat,grav data along a twisty ship track in the file ship.xyg. You want to project this data onto a great circle and resample it in distance, in order to filter it or check its spectrum. Try: fitcircle ship.xyg -L2 project ship.xyg -Cox/oy -Tpx/py -S -pz | sample1d -S-100 -I1 > output.pg Here, ox/oy is the lon/lat of the mean from fitcircle, and px/py is the lon/lat of the pole. The file output.pg has distance, gravity data sampled every 1 km along the great circle which best fits ship.xyg SEE ALSO
gmt(1gmt), project(1gmt), sample1d(1gmt) 1 Jan 2004 FITCIRCLE(l)