Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OpenSolaris 5.11 on _x86 architecture Post 302277093 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 15th of January 2009 11:34:44 AM
Old 01-15-2009
your picture are with solaris 10 update 1... so what are you try'n to install?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX box architecture

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX environment. We have our DataStage tool installed on UNIX box.We have Dev,test and Prod environments.The architecrue is as given below. Now my problem is I am not able to know what is meant by Physical name,Logical name,Cluster etc. also we need to do failover in case a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratyusha
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems installing OpenSolaris on _X86 platform

Hey Guys. I am trying to install OpenSolaris 5.11 on _X86 platform in a BladeCenter H chasis of IBM. Afetr Booting with the CDROM the install process send a PROBES FOR DEVICES NODES messages and goes to the follow state..... Please see the attach. If someone have installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to know the architecture of the machine

Hi, Is there any command to know whether the machine 64 bit or 32 bit? now I am using "uname -p" for this purpose but I want a straight command if it is there. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question about Unix Architecture.

I want to know the memory capacity and types of memories, processor and more... What kind of aplications this OS attends? Archicture/system classification (Hybrid, monolithic, multitasking, micro-kernel, layered, Another..? Explain it to me... I really need to understand and know that. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlissonManson
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Dpkg architecture

I noticed dpkg reporting architecture as AMD64, but the h/w is Intel, see below: ~$ uname -a Linux XXX 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:03:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ~$ lshw | grep -i xeon WARNING: you should run this program as super-user. PCI (sysfs) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies