Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OpenSolaris 5.11 on _x86 architecture Post 302277093 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 15th of January 2009 11:34:44 AM
Old 01-15-2009
your picture are with solaris 10 update 1... so what are you try'n to install?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX box architecture

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX environment. We have our DataStage tool installed on UNIX box.We have Dev,test and Prod environments.The architecrue is as given below. Now my problem is I am not able to know what is meant by Physical name,Logical name,Cluster etc. also we need to do failover in case a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratyusha
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems installing OpenSolaris on _X86 platform

Hey Guys. I am trying to install OpenSolaris 5.11 on _X86 platform in a BladeCenter H chasis of IBM. Afetr Booting with the CDROM the install process send a PROBES FOR DEVICES NODES messages and goes to the follow state..... Please see the attach. If someone have installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to know the architecture of the machine

Hi, Is there any command to know whether the machine 64 bit or 32 bit? now I am using "uname -p" for this purpose but I want a straight command if it is there. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question about Unix Architecture.

I want to know the memory capacity and types of memories, processor and more... What kind of aplications this OS attends? Archicture/system classification (Hybrid, monolithic, multitasking, micro-kernel, layered, Another..? Explain it to me... I really need to understand and know that. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlissonManson
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Dpkg architecture

I noticed dpkg reporting architecture as AMD64, but the h/w is Intel, see below: ~$ uname -a Linux XXX 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:03:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ~$ lshw | grep -i xeon WARNING: you should run this program as super-user. PCI (sysfs) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)