Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: use a file to chmod
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting use a file to chmod Post 302277059 by pludi on Thursday 15th of January 2009 09:55:03 AM
Old 01-15-2009
Why don't you use -exec chmod?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change file type to hidden using chmod command

I want to make a hidden file with chmod command. Example: I have a file name inputfile.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 xxxxxx xxxxxx 1388 Sep 12 05:41 inputfile.txt I want to hide that file using chmod command. Please tell me if it is possible or there is some other way to do this. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to chmod a file/directory

This is Solaris 10, by the way. I am aware of ACLs or something like that in Solaris 10 where you can change who can access directories and such that goes beyond the standard permisisons (chmod and rwxrwxrwx). Although I thought when these were being used, the permissions listing would show a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
12 Replies

3. Programming

chmod:No such file or directory

sprintf(fname, "core.%d", pid); (void) unlink(fname); if (ttrace(TT_PROC_CORE, pid, 0, 0, 0, 0) != 0) { perror("TT_PROC_CORE pass"); Fail(); } if (chmod(fname, 0) != 0) { perror("chmod"); Fail(); } Hi, If i execute above code,everytime am getting below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod of remote file

I would like to chmod the file which I am pulling from remote server onto my server. I am using the following script: sftp <server detail> get abc xyz chmod 666 xyz bye Though I could fetch the file successfully but I am not able to change the permission of xyz file on my server. umask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdtrica
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod remote server file

I would like to chmod the file which I am pulling from remote server onto my server. I am using the following script: sftp <server detail> get abc xyz chmod 666 xyz bye Though I could fetch the file successfully but I am not able to change the permission of xyz file on my server. Pls... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdtrica
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File permission by chmod

Hi, I have a typical problem. Consider the scenario: Folder1 ------> Folder2 ------> File1 ------> Folder3 Above is my folder structure, currently the user group "other" has no permissions. I wish to give "read" permission for "others" to File1 using a single command. chmod -R... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesh303
5 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Only allowing chmod 777 for file upload folder

Hey everyone. I have 2 different linux servers (each one is through a different web hosting company). On both servers I have the exact same PHP file upload script that allows users to upload a file or image to the server (everything on both servers is identical). On server #1 the "attachments"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Canuck
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

chmod to stop cat from displaying the file?

Hi, Im struggling with what chmod to change the permission of a file in the current directory named MyFile so the command "cat MyFile" fails to display the file.?? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tryintolearn
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to log all file that has been move,chmod,chown?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to log that has been chmod,mv,chown,chgrp and how to prevent script running while chmod,mv,chown,chgrp are still running? Ex: a/b/c-folder file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt chmod 777 * chown owner owner group mv what i did was(please see... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
6 Replies
AA-EXEC(8)							     AppArmor								AA-EXEC(8)

NAME
aa-exec - confine a program with the specified AppArmor profile SYNOPSIS
aa-exec [options] [--] [<command> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-exec is used to launch a program confined by the specified profile and or namespace. If both a profile and namespace are specified command will be confined by profile in the new policy namespace. If only a namespace is specified, the profile name of the current confinement will be used. If neither a profile or namespace is specified command will be run using standard profile attachment (ie. as if run without the aa-exec command). If the arguments are to be pasted to the <command> being invoked by aa-exec then -- should be used to separate aa-exec arguments from the command. aa-exec -p profile1 -- ls -l OPTIONS aa-exec accepts the following arguments: -p PROFILE, --profile=PROFILE confine <command> with PROFILE. If the PROFILE is not specified use the current profile name (likely unconfined). -n NAMESPACE, --namespace=NAMESPACE use profiles in NAMESPACE. This will result in confinement transitioning to using the new profile namespace. -f FILE, --file=FILE a file or directory containing profiles to load before confining the program. -i, --immediate transition to PROFILE before doing executing <command>. This subjects the running of <command> to the exec transition rules of the current profile. -v, --verbose show commands being performed -d, --debug show commands and error codes -- Signal the end of options and disables further option processing. Any arguments after the -- are treated as arguments of the command. This is useful when passing arguments to the <command> being invoked by aa-exec. BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
aa-stack(8), aa-namespace(8), apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa_change_profile(3), aa_change_onexec(3) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-EXEC(8)