Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Retaining default OFS
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retaining default OFS Post 302277048 by angheloko on Thursday 15th of January 2009 09:20:42 AM
Old 01-15-2009
Hi amicon007,

I don't think the OFS changed. Can you post a sample output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OFS in awk

Hi, I have these out put field seperator changed to "|" in my awk command, but it didn't give me the result. Can someone help me find out why? ======================================= /bin/awk 'BEGIN { OFS="|" } { print $0 }' list.tmp.$$ > listtmp.$$ =======================================... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatsfordinner
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

OFS in awk.

OFS is inbuild command in awk. I have a file file.txt abc : def : ghi jkl : mno: pqr stu : vwx :yzz code i used: awk -F ":" 'BEGIN {OFS="|"} {print $1,$2}' file.txt output: abc def jkl mno stu vwx but as i have used OFS="|" and i am expecting output as: abc | def jkl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using of OFS

Hey guys, i am having a slight problem with OFS. I have a database which displays its information like this , John:22:345 I need to read an input from the user and then replace it in $1. awk -F":" '{ $1 = "'$input'" ; print $0 } ' fruittemp > fruittemp2 mv fruittemp2 fruittemp the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gregarion
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - OFS

Hi All, I have a comma seperated delimited file with 10 columns. I need to convert it into TAB seperated delimited file. awk -F"," '{print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t"$9"\t"$10}' a.txt >> b.txt how to use OFS to get the same output. I have tried by googling, but it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Force cat to use OFS

Hey, I am working on some file comparisons with csv files. csv files use "," as the field separator and I want to do a cat -n file > file to put the file numbers at the beginning of the lines, but cat uses "\t" as the separator. Can I force cat to use "," as the Output file separator. Or can... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: MHardeman25
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with AWK and OFS

I have a file that looks like this: Infile.seq I want to output the DNA sequence and add the filename as the identifier. The output file should look like this: I am using the following code but I do not understand why the sequence is not in the output: awk 'BEGIN { RS =... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi Im trying to tidy up the output of a who command when it writes to a log, everything I've tried doesnt seem to work though, any help would be massively appreciated. Im using the awk command to set the OFS as tab. #!/bin/bash who >> /export/home/tjmoore/logusers awk -F 'BEGIN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi, Could anyone tell me what Im doing wrong here any help will be much appreciated #!/bin/bash ls -ltr /export/home/tjmoore > /export/home/tjmoore/log100 awk -F " " /export/home/tjmoore/log100 'BEGIN {OFS="\t";} {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5, $6,$7,$8,$9;}' > /export/home/tjmoore/log1001 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OFS in awk

Hello, I have an issue with adding commas as delimiters in this scenario: cat xtr3.rpl|head -5|awk 'BEGIN {OFS=","} {print $1,$2,$3,$4}' Produces this output: 00530083,0000000471,000000000000.00,000000000000.00 00530085,0000000471,000000000000.00,000000000000.00... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

OFS print awk

file: sasa|asasa|asasa|asas erer|Erer|rere|ererer Output needed : sasa:asasa:asasa:asas erer:Erer:rere:ererer Im getting output, when i use the $1,$2. awk -F'|' 'BEGIN{OFS=":";} {print $1,$2; }' file Output : sasa:asasa erer:Erer But when i need the whole column, i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
5 Replies
OPIMPORT(1)						      General Commands Manual						       OPIMPORT(1)

NAME
opimport - converts sample database files SYNOPSIS
opimport [ options ] input_file DESCRIPTION
opimport converts sample database files from a foreign binary format (abi) to the native format. OPTIONS
--abi / -a Input abi file description location. --force / -f Force conversion even if the input and output abi are identical. --output / -o filename Specify the output filename. If the output file already exists it is not overwritten but data are accumulated in. Sample filename are informative for post profile tools and must be kept identical, in other word the pathname from the first path component contain- ing a '{' must be kept as it in the output filename. --help / -? / --usage Show help message. --verbose / -V Give verbose debugging output. --version / -v Show version. ENVIRONMENT
No special environment variables are recognised by opimport FILES
/var/lib/oprofile/abi The abi file description of the sample database files VERSION
This man page is current for oprofile-0.9.6. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/oprofile/, oprofile(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue 06 July 2010 OPIMPORT(1)