Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script for extract data from xml files Post 302277006 by allways4u21 on Thursday 15th of January 2009 05:54:45 AM
Old 01-15-2009
The input XML file contents as:
<AC StartTime="1227858839" ID="88" ETime="1227858837" DSTFlag="false" Type="2" Duration="303" />
<AC StartTime="1227858851" ID="89" ETime="1227858849" DSTFlag="false" Type="2" Duration="310" />
<AC StartTime="1227858869" ID="90" ETime="1227858864" DSTFlag="false" Type="2" Duration="20"/>

I need a perl script which generate this output. The perl script extract ID data from XML file and generate this report along with Index value as per command line :
perl extractxmldata 88 89 90

The Output look lie as:
Index ID
1 88
2 89
4 90

Please provide some solution, thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from xml- shell script using awk

Hi, This is the xml file that i have. - <front-servlet platform="WAS4.0" request-retriever="SiteMinder-aware" configuration-rescan-interval="60000"> <concurrency-throttle maximum-concurrency="50" redirect-page="/jsp/defaulterror.jsp" /> - <loggers> <instrumentation... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishana
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to extract data from XML file

Hello Scripting Gurus, I need help with extracting data from the XML file using shell script. The data is in a large XML and I need to extract the id values of all completedworkflows. Here is a sample of it. Input and output data is also in the attached text files. <wfregistry>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract xml data

Hi all, I have the following xml file : <xmlhead><xmlelement1>element1value</xmlelement1>\0a<xmlelement2>jjasd</xmlelement2>...</xmlhead> As you can see there are no lines or spaces seperating the elements, just the character \0a. How can i find and print the values of a specific element?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nthed
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML data extract

Hi all, I have the following xml document : <HEADER><El1>asdf</El1> <El2>3</El2> <El3>asad</El3> <El4>asasdf</El4> <El5>asdf</El5> <El6>asdf</El6> <El7>asdf</El7> <El8>A</El8> <El9>0</El9> <El10>75291028141917</El10> <El11>asdf</El11> <El12>sdf</El12> <El13>er</El13> <El14><El15>asdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nthed
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract 'ID' From XML File

File1.xml <?xml version.........> - <abcd:abcd_list version="1" www.john_uncle's_server.com" xmlns: - <device id="100"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="500">Sitting Room</location> </device> - <device id="101"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="501">Class... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

6. Programming

extract xml data and create word document using perl.

hi, i have large xml file which contains students information, i need to extract student number and some address tags and create a word document for the extracted data. my data looking llike this <student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelors</education> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

7. Programming

Extract xml data and create word document using perl.

Hi, I have large xml data file.I need to extract node and some tags in the node and after I need to create word document. my XMl data is look like as below -<student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelor</bachelor> <specialization>computers</specialization> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
XML::LibXML::SAX(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       XML::LibXML::SAX(3)

NAME
XML::LibXML::SAX - XML::LibXML direct SAX parser DESCRIPTION
XML::LibXML provides an interface to libxml2 direct SAX interface. Through this interface it is possible to generate SAX events directly while parsing a document. While using the SAX parser XML::LibXML will not create a DOM Document tree. Such an interface is useful if very large XML documents have to be processed and no DOM functions are required. By using this interface it is possible to read data stored within an XML document directly into the application data structures without loading the document into memory. The SAX interface of XML::LibXML is based on the famous XML::SAX interface. It uses the generic interface as provided by XML::SAX::Base. Additionally to the generic functions, which are only able to process entire documents, XML::LibXML::SAX provides parse_chunk(). This method generates SAX events from well balanced data such as is often provided by databases. FEATURES
NOTE: This feature is experimental. You can enable character data joining which may yield a significant speed boost in your XML processing in lower markup ratio situations by enabling the http://xmlns.perl.org/sax/join-character-data feature of this parser. This is done via the set_feature method like this: $p->set_feature('http://xmlns.perl.org/sax/join-character-data', 1); You can also specify a 0 to disable. The default is to have this feature disabled. AUTHORS
Matt Sergeant, Christian Glahn, Petr Pajas VERSION
2.0110 COPYRIGHT
2001-2007, AxKit.com Ltd. 2002-2006, Christian Glahn. 2006-2009, Petr Pajas. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-02-01 XML::LibXML::SAX(3)