Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script for extract data from xml files Post 302276772 by Ikon on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 02:34:53 PM
Old 01-14-2009
Perl has a nice module for xml:

XML::Simple

http://search.cpan.org/~grantm/XML-S.../XML/Simple.pm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from xml- shell script using awk

Hi, This is the xml file that i have. - <front-servlet platform="WAS4.0" request-retriever="SiteMinder-aware" configuration-rescan-interval="60000"> <concurrency-throttle maximum-concurrency="50" redirect-page="/jsp/defaulterror.jsp" /> - <loggers> <instrumentation... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishana
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to extract data from XML file

Hello Scripting Gurus, I need help with extracting data from the XML file using shell script. The data is in a large XML and I need to extract the id values of all completedworkflows. Here is a sample of it. Input and output data is also in the attached text files. <wfregistry>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract xml data

Hi all, I have the following xml file : <xmlhead><xmlelement1>element1value</xmlelement1>\0a<xmlelement2>jjasd</xmlelement2>...</xmlhead> As you can see there are no lines or spaces seperating the elements, just the character \0a. How can i find and print the values of a specific element?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nthed
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML data extract

Hi all, I have the following xml document : <HEADER><El1>asdf</El1> <El2>3</El2> <El3>asad</El3> <El4>asasdf</El4> <El5>asdf</El5> <El6>asdf</El6> <El7>asdf</El7> <El8>A</El8> <El9>0</El9> <El10>75291028141917</El10> <El11>asdf</El11> <El12>sdf</El12> <El13>er</El13> <El14><El15>asdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nthed
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract 'ID' From XML File

File1.xml <?xml version.........> - <abcd:abcd_list version="1" www.john_uncle's_server.com" xmlns: - <device id="100"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="500">Sitting Room</location> </device> - <device id="101"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="501">Class... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

6. Programming

extract xml data and create word document using perl.

hi, i have large xml file which contains students information, i need to extract student number and some address tags and create a word document for the extracted data. my data looking llike this <student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelors</education> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

7. Programming

Extract xml data and create word document using perl.

Hi, I have large xml data file.I need to extract node and some tags in the node and after I need to create word document. my XMl data is look like as below -<student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelor</bachelor> <specialization>computers</specialization> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
Config::Any::XML(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Config::Any::XML(3)

NAME
Config::Any::XML - Load XML config files DESCRIPTION
Loads XML files. Example: <config> <name>TestApp</name> <component name="Controller::Foo"> <foo>bar</foo> </component> <model name="Baz"> <qux>xyzzy</qux> </model> </config> METHODS
extensions( ) return an array of valid extensions ("xml"). load( $file ) Attempts to load $file as an XML file. requires_all_of( ) Specifies that this module requires XML::Simple and XML::NamespaceSupport in order to work. CAVEATS
Strict Mode If, by some chance, XML::Simple has already been loaded with the strict flag turned on, then you will likely get errors as warnings will become fatal exceptions and certain arguments to XMLin() will no longer be optional. See XML::Simple's strict mode documentation for more information. AUTHORS
Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> Joel Bernstein <rataxis@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2006-2013 by Brian Cassidy This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
o Catalyst o Config::Any o XML::Simple perl v5.18.2 2013-09-10 Config::Any::XML(3)