Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming tcp server using pthreads is not working...ne help plz? Post 302276725 by lnxfshr on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 01:04:28 PM
Old 01-14-2009
I went through the above fixed code. I see that it works fine. I am just curious to know what was the problem with this and that u fixed here?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Tcp Ip Server

i am programming a tcp_ip server which intends to listen permanently to a client . the client can disconnect and connect again and the server accept it(by this point it works).The problem is when the client lose connection without a disconnect command and my code can't get it and keeps waiting for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: massimo_ratti
4 Replies

2. Programming

multi-threaded server, pthreads, sleep

I am trying to writa a multi-client & multi-threaded TCP server. There is a thread pool. Each thread in the pool will handle requests of multiple clients. But here I have a problem. I find a solution but it is not how it must be... i think. When threads working without sleep(1) I can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parahat Melayev
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcp-server

I have true64 Unix running and there a scales in the sytem which connect thru a com-server to the network. they have their own IP-address and are communicating over port 8000. when I telnet to the com-servers and the print function of the scale is executed I can see the data coming. I need to know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albinhess
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to check TCP server status

Please tell me according to C/C++ socket programming; how client can check whether server is running or not during TCP communication. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i hide Server Type Plz

Helo .. How Can i Hide My Server Type Here Hostpres.com - Host Pres And writing Secureb By .... And how Can i Hide uname -a: Linux server.xxxx.net 2.6.18-ovz028stab053.14-enterprise #1 SMP Mon Jun 2 18:25:30 MSD 2008 i686 From Php Shell Like c99... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a7medo
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

TCP server dies after few hours of inactivity

We have a NAS application which can be accessed by both HTTP and HTTPS connections. The issue we are facing is that the tcp server instance that initiates the HTTP access dies after a few hours of inactivity(the NAS application was kept idle for around 10 hours). However, the tcpserver that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with tcp server

Hello @ all, I hope you can give me some advice :b: I will be following code for a tcp server and doStuff () function, the clients treated. From some point, I have several identical clients (zombies, I think), the same records in the database write. Has anyone an explanation? What can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yumos
1 Replies

8. Programming

Concurrent TCP client/server

I made a program and now I need to make it concurrent. Can someone pls help me do this ? The code is this: #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <errno.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny22
4 Replies

9. Solaris

TCP listner on Solaris server

Hi, I am having a solaris server. I want to start a dummy TCP listner on UNIX OS on a specific port can anyone please let me know the process. IP ADDRESS: 123.123.123.123 Port: 8010 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayank2211
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
tapset::tcp(3stap)														tapset::tcp(3stap)

NAME
tapset::tcp - systemtap tcp tapset DESCRIPTION
This family of probe points is used to probe events that occur in the TCP layer, tcp.sendmsg Sending a tcp message See probe::tcp.sendmsg(3stap) for details. tcp.sendmsg.return Sending TCP message is done See probe::tcp.sendmsg.return(3stap) for details. tcp.recvmsg Receiving TCP message See probe::tcp.recvmsg(3stap) for details. tcp.recvmsg.return Receiving TCP message complete See probe::tcp.recvmsg.return(3stap) for details. tcp.disconnect TCP socket disconnection See probe::tcp.disconnect(3stap) for details. tcp.disconnect.return TCP socket disconnection complete See probe::tcp.disconnect.return(3stap) for details. tcp.setsockopt Call to setsockopt() See probe::tcp.setsockopt(3stap) for details. tcp.setsockopt.return Return from setsockopt() See probe::tcp.setsockopt.return(3stap) for details. tcp.receive Called when a TCP packet is received See probe::tcp.receive(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::tcp.sendmsg(3stap), probe::tcp.sendmsg.return(3stap), probe::tcp.recvmsg(3stap), probe::tcp.recvmsg.return(3stap), probe::tcp.disconnect(3stap), probe::tcp.disconnect.return(3stap), probe::tcp.setsockopt(3stap), probe::tcp.setsockopt.return(3stap), probe::tcp.receive(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::tcp(3stap)