Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Apache 2.2 on Ubuntu 8.10
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Apache 2.2 on Ubuntu 8.10 Post 302276637 by mojoman on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 09:18:41 AM
Old 01-14-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by otheus
Try "httpd -V". HTTPD 2.2.9 does not have the "atomics" compile-time option, so I cannot determine if this would work for you.

UPDATE: Oh oh. This seems to be a configuration bug of some sort AND the documentation is out of date. The configure code now (since long before 2.2.9) tests if the architecture being compiled for is greater than i486 and if so, it provides you with "generic" hardware atomics -- ie, pthread mutex locking. It looks like it should have used assembly atomics, but someone goofed and got it the other way around. SO unless your package is specifically for the "i386" architecture, it will have use the pthread calls, not the assembly calls. If you have the APR "libtool" installed (search your filesystem for apr-1/../libtool) check the file for what it sets "host" to. If it's not i386 or not x86_64, I'm pretty sure you're not using mutexes.

I'm going to see what Apache developers say about this.

I am a little new to UBUNTU. When using the synaptic package manager, are the packages pre-compiled? I ask since since you say the "arhictecture being compiled for is greater than 486". Does syaptic download the package, check for the architecture and the compile or as I ask above are they pre-compiled.

Last edited by otheus; 01-14-2009 at 10:46 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Zoneminder 1.23X, Apache and Ubuntu Intrepid -----No Video Output

I have install Ubuntu Intrepid and Zoneminder 1.23X. I have setup all of the all of the cameras and every time I try and run the cameras is cycle or montage mode I get no picture and I see a little emblem that resembles a broken connection. I checked /var/log/apache2/error.log and I can see that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu / Ubuntu File Manager / Config

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 with Gnome 2.28. I use the default Nautilus File Manager to view / manage files. Is there a way to add icons or customize the icons that are above the location bar and below the menus? There is a bar that has icons for "Back" "Forward" "Parent" above the location bar. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewk
6 Replies

4. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Re-install Ubuntu 14.04 from system with Ubuntu on it

I need to re-install ubuntu on a system with ubuntu 14.04 already installed. I have the cd but can not seem to boot from it or find the installer. Is there a way to re-install from the command line or how do I do a fresh re-install? Thank you :) ---------- Post updated at 10:13 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
APR-1-CONFIG(1) 						   User Commands						   APR-1-CONFIG(1)

NAME
apr-1-config - Return metainformation about apr library SYNOPSIS
apr-1-config [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The apr-1-config program is used to retrieve information about the apr library in the system. It is typically used to compile and link against the library. When linking with libtool, an application should do something like: APR_LIBS="`apr-1-config --link-libtool --libs`" or when linking directly: APR_LIBS="`apr-1-config --link-ld --libs`" An application should use the results of --cflags, --cppflags, --includes, and --ldflags in their build process. OPTIONS
Known values for OPTION are: --prefix[=DIR] change prefix to DIR --bindir print location where binaries are installed --includedir print location where headers are installed --cc print C compiler name --cpp print C preprocessor name and any required options --cflags print C compiler flags --cppflags print C preprocessor flags --includes print include information --ldflags print linker flags --libs print additional libraries to link against --srcdir print APR source directory --installbuilddir print APR build helper directory --link-ld print link switch(es) for linking to APR --link-libtool print the libtool inputs for linking to APR --shlib-path-var print the name of the shared library path env var --apr-la-file print the path to the .la file, if available --apr-so-ext print the extensions of shared objects on this platform --apr-lib-target print the libtool target information --apr-libtool print the path to APR's libtool --version print the APR's version as a dotted triple --help print the help AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Vincent Danjean <Vincent.Danjean@ens-lyon.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). apr-1-config 1.2.2 March 2006 APR-1-CONFIG(1)