Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Can rsh command be used to call a bat file Post 302276615 by bhagya2340 on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 08:19:55 AM
Old 01-14-2009
You are right.... the problem is that i dont know how to do first 2 steps... I have telnet on my system... can you say me how i can get connedted to my remote windows server and run my batchfile....
I can FTP the results... thats not the problem...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing *.bat file on windows from Unix box via ftp command

I have created get_list.bat file containing following line: dir /B /O-d >file_list.txt I am executing ftp command from Unix box and transferring get_list.bat file to windows server. In my next ftp command I am trying to execute this test.bat file by entering this line: get_list or by... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alx
9 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

one question for .bat file

Hi! I'm very sorry for such simple and silly question but I cannot answer it by myself. Can you please help me? In .bat file I should run the C program which is in other directory, and the input configuration file is in this directory too. This dir name is in dirRun variable. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a .bat file using KSH

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bat file

Hi guys, I need a *.bat to run a ksh file in the shell on Windows NT...nothing more :) How do I do it? I tried with the following but it failed: set INFORMIXDIR=D:\user-applications\informix set PATH=%INFORMIXDIR%;%PATH% D:\user-applications\MKS\mksnt\sh.exe C:\hk_9.2\C3_weekly_auto.ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
4 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to call a command in a batch file?

Hi, I would like to get the output of below command emailed to me in a windows2003 server. "bpimagelist -hoursago 24 -U" I will be using "blat" to email the output of this command.But not sure how the above command is called for in a batch file when executed. Would appreciate if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call dot c file using system command

Hi every one, i have to dot pc files. One have main function but one dont have.I have to call dot pc file using system () cmd.File is being call have main function.Please let me know how i can call .pc file with two arguments from other dot pc file.I want some thing like sprintf(buf,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goraya430
1 Replies

7. Programming

how to call dot c file using system command

Hi every one, i have to dot pc files. One have main function but one dont have.I have to call dot pc file using system () cmd.File is being call have main function.Please let me know how i can call .pc file with two arguments from other dot pc file.I want some thing like sprintf(buf, "ss_xxx.pc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goraya430
4 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Executing .bat file

Hi , I have a bat file on windows machine ,I need to excute it from my local unix machine using sambe utility.Is there any comman to execute the .bat file remotely. Using samba utility i can post files to and fro from windows to unix but i don't comman to exute the .bat file. can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with bat file!!!

I need to put/get files from Windows machine to Unix machine and vice-versa. I wrote a text file "ftp1.txt" as below. naga naga06 cd /root/Naga prom off get time.unl bye I wrote another bat file "ftp.bat" as below. ftp -n -s:C:\Users\Naga\Desktop\ftp1.txt IP_ADDRESS but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help required for Running SQLPLUS command from Bat file

Hello All, Good Afternoon. I am new to this platform and I need one small help regarding running a SQL file from Bat file. Below is what I am doing, 1. I placed the below command in one Bat file. start putty.exe -ssh user@host -pw pwd -m C:\2.txt 2. In 2.txt, I have below command. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PavanPatil
3 Replies
saslfinger(1)						      General Commands Manual						     saslfinger(1)

NAME
saslfinger - A utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix SYNOPSIS
saslfinger [-chs] DESCRIPTION
saslfinger is a utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix. Depending on how you run it, it will search for informa- tion on server-side or client-side SMTP AUTH configuration settings in Postfix and Cyrus SASL. OPTIONS
-c If you run saslfinger with the option -c it will collect data required for client-side SMTP AUTH. Client-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtp daemon uses SMTP AUTH to authenticate itself with a remote mail server that offers SMTP AUTH. saslfinger will try to telnet to all hosts listed in smtp_sasl_password_maps, if it may read smtp_sasl_password_maps The telnet test verifies your host is able to reach the remote servers and shows what AUTH mechanisms they offer - in some cases this is required to debug client-side SMTP AUTH. Important: By default smtp_sasl_password_maps must be read-only to root, since these maps contain the usernames and passwords to authenticate. If you run saslfinger as root access will be no problem, but saslfinger will fail if you lack the permissions to access smtp_sasl_password_maps. If you want to run the telnet test, but don't want to run saslfinger as root change permissions of smtp_sasl_password_maps so that the user running saslfinger may access smtp_sasl_password_maps while you debug. *note: You don't need to worry about saslfinger doing anything with the username or password stored next to the remote hosts in your smtp_sasl_password_maps; saslfinger completely ignores these informations! -h If you run saslfinger with the option -h it will print a little help message that tells you about the options you can use. -s If you run saslfinger with the option -s it will collect data required for server-side SMTP AUTH. Server-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtpd daemon offers SMTP AUTH to mail clients. FILES
saslfinger - the script you need to run. saslfinger.1 - the man page you are currently reading. AUTHOR
Patrick Koetter, <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de>, http://www.state-of-mind.de You will find the newest version of saslfinger at http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/. BUGS
Please report bugs to <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de> Manuals User saslfinger(1)