Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mac Filtering in REDHAT-el5
Special Forums IP Networking Mac Filtering in REDHAT-el5 Post 302276600 by otheus on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 07:50:38 AM
Old 01-14-2009
When you say it is "not working", does that mean that packets from this mac/ip are not being forwarded? Or do you mean that invalid packets (which do not match the ip and mac) are being forwarded?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ipfw2 with mac filtering

Work with FreeBSD with firewall ipfw + dummynet and I need to allow to some IP by MAC address and to deny to the others, since I can do it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darknighter
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all kernel except 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5

Hello All, I would like to remove all kernel in the system except 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5. I was trying something like rpm -qa|grep kernel|grep -v 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5|yum remove it did not work. any help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam25ca
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)

NAME
hp-search-mac -- HP switch search tool. DESCRIPTION
HP-search-MAC is an util that can query HP switches for their connection table. It then allow you to search for a MAC address and tell you where it is physically connected (best match first). . The functionality is similar to traceroute but on Ethernet level and only for HP switches. USAGE
hp-search-mac [options] [MAC] [...] OPTIONS
hp-search-mac [options] mac [ [options] mac ] [...] options: --dl n Set debug level to n. --help Print this help. --hostname host[=>community] | -h host[=>community] Set a switch name to search. You can also set this in /etc/hp-search-mac.conf or ~/.hp-search-mac.conf. The hash to set is \%switches. Mac: You can use some different formats: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff (hex) ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff (hex) 0.123.0.12.0.12.0 (dec) CONFIGURATION: \%switches: This is a normal perl hash of the form \%switches = ("host" => "community", ...); AUTHOR
Ola Lundqvist <ola@inguza.com> SEE ALSO
snmp-walk(1) snmp-get(1) hp-search-mac Mon Apr 7 21:21:44 CEST 2008 HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)