Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to avoid the segfault from Address 0x1cd00000103 out of bounds Post 302276522 by cdbug on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 02:40:57 AM
Old 01-14-2009
Let me show it here:

node->is_done = (int *) malloc(sizeof(int));
node->hood = (double *) malloc(sizeof(double));
node->c = (int *) malloc(sizeof(int));
node->site = (double *) malloc(sizeof(double));
node->site2 = (double *) malloc(sizeof(double));double
node->des = (double *) malloc(sizeof(double));
node->asc = (double *) malloc(sizeof(double));

//null checking

node->is_done = 0;
node->hood = 0;
node->c = 1;
node->site = 0;
node->site2 = 0;
node->des = 0;
node->asc = 0

But, use of these varialbes in code will lead to segfaults, e.g. if(node->is_done) { --- }

check these varialbes, those showing 'address 0x1cd00000103 out of bounds' will finally lead to segments

I should remind that some nodes but not all the nodes in a tree will give segfaults when checking if(node->is_done)

It is said that unsuccessful initialization is the source of 'Address 0x1cd00000103 out of bounds'. Concretely speaking, how to avoid such unsuccessful initialization occur in some nodes?

Can we take some measures?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab: error on previous line; number out of bounds.

Hi, I am trying to set up a cron job for every Friday at 6:00 p.m. and got an error: "/var/tmp/aaaa29638" 1 line, 73 characters 00 18 00 0 5 /app/test/backup.ksh crontab: error on previous line; number out of bounds. Any ideas? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradbus
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Linux] How Do I Run Until Segfault

Hello, sorry if this has been posted before but i was wondering if there is a way to run a program until a segmentation fault is found. Currently i'm using a simple shell script which runs my program 100 times, sleeps 1 second because srand(time(0)) is dependent on seconds. Is there a possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aslambilal
1 Replies

3. Programming

array bounds and mem leak tool

Is there any freeware to find out array bounds static and dynamic ways in Solaris 10. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish@123
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Working around netscape 4.9 segfault on Solaris 8

We have a Solaris 8 server which users login to via VNC to get a desktop. On that desktop these users use Netscape Communicator 4.9 to access a very important mail account. Unfortunately Netscape has started segfaulting regularly. Does anyone have any ideas how I can try to find out what point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aussieos
1 Replies

5. Programming

id3lib SEGFAULT

Hello everyone, I'm writing a program using the id3lib unfortunately I've encountered with memory issue that cause segmentation fault. I tried to rerun and analyze the program with valgrind but it doesn't point me anywhere. I really stuck on this one. Valgrind output: ==14716== Invalid read of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: errb
2 Replies

6. Programming

Is Drive Valid Segfault

I have a program that allows users to specify the debug log file location and name. I have tried using the access() and stat() but they both segfault if the drive say (d:\) is invalid. Both seem to be fine if the drive exists. Could someone please point me in the direction to a function that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robfwauk
1 Replies

7. Programming

segfault in pointer to string program

hello all, my question is not about How code can be rewritten, i just wanna know even though i am not using read only memory of C (i have declared str) why this function gives me segfault :wall:and the other code executes comfortably though both code uses same pointer arithmetic. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zius_oram
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for string, but within mentioned bounds

Hi, I've been trying to filter a file which has several repetitions of lines which looks as follows: ('hello My name is jamie blabla xyz>>) Each line has different values in them. I want grep or awk or sed to treat everything within the (' and >>) as one line and then filter for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
2 Replies

9. Programming

Segfault When Parsing Delimiters In C

Another project, another bump in the road and another chance to learn. I've been trying to open gzipped files and parse data from them and hit a snag. I have data in gzips with a place followed by an ip or ip range sort of like this: Some place:x.x.x.x-x.x.x.x I was able to modify some code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies

10. Programming

-Warray-bounds option to GCC compiler

What exactly is the -Warray-bounds option to the GCC compiler supposed to warn about? the man page states: ~ g++ --version g++ (GCC) 7.3.1 20180130 (Red Hat 7.3.1-2) Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.Thank you. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
14 Replies
Blt_TreeNodeId(3)					      BLT Library Procedures						 Blt_TreeNodeId(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Blt_TreeNodeId - Returns the node serial number. SYNOPSIS
#include <bltTree.h> unsigned int Blt_TreeNodeId(node) ARGUMENTS
Blt_TreeNode node (in) Node whose ID is to be returned. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This procedure returns the node serial number. The node serial number is useful for programs that export the tree data object to the Tcl programming level. Since node labels (and therefore pathnames) are not unique, the ID can be used to uniquely identify a node. The arguments are as follows: node The node whose serial number is returned. The serial number of the root node for example is always 0. RETURNS
The serial number of the node. Nodes are given a unique serial number when they are created. You can use the ID to later retrieve the node using Blt_TreeGetNode. EXAMPLE
The following example prints the ID of a node. printf("root ID is %s ", Blt_TreeNodeId(node)); KEYWORDS
Tcl_TreeCreateNode, Tcl_TreeDeleteNode BLT
2.4 Blt_TreeNodeId(3)