Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting different files for different values Post 302276468 by ss_ss on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 09:45:01 PM
Old 01-13-2009
If my qry returns 3 rows then 3 files are being created but in the file name im not getting the a/c no and secondly for ex if a/c no is 45678 then in this a/c no file im not getting the values corresponding to this a/c no.

the output of my query is pipe delimited.

and "spool /SYSTEM/custom/modules/testing/THS_PROF.txt" because of this line i am getting this output file also apart form the files created by sed but i dont want this file.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sum values from 2 different files?

Hi I am trying to add count values from two different files into one file. Could any body please suggest me best command to do this? My problem was as follows: a.txt b.txt c.txt 10 20 30(needed) i tried cat a.txt b.txt > c.txt (its not adding the values) Thanks in advance.. Praveen (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: npk2210
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat Values from Several files if it meets criteria for column values

I have results from some statistical analyses. The format of the results are as given below: I want to select lines that have a p-value (last column) less than 0.05 from all the results files (*.results) and cat to a new results file. It would be very nice if a new column is added that tells... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

match 2 files by values

Hello ALL, Hope all fine for you. I have the following task but no idea about how to do. I have 2 files (ascii) one of them is a list of bib records, looks like this: =LDR 01228nam 2200301 b 4500 =001 00000000000001 =005 20090429:10082000 =008 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summarize the values from files

One of my process will create a file Market.txt with data like below. Count Markt file 334936 /pdm/data001/P3_Quest_5HT_AMERGE.csv 2770787 /pdm/data001/P3_Quest_ARB_ATACAND.csv 1198143 /pdm/data001/P3_Quest_Bisp_ACTONEL.csv 3821864 /pdm/data001/P3_Quest_CONTRA_ALL_OTHER_CONTRA.csv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Value falls between two values from different files

Hi, I have two files cat 1 100 1 110 2 113 4 230 5 334 7 500 8 900 10 I have another file cat 2 100 200 201 300 301 400 401 500 501 600 601 700 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the values of two files

Hi Am trying to compare the values of two files.. One is a big file that has many values and the other is a small file.. The big file has all values present in small file.. # cat SmallFile 4456602 22347881 7471282 15859891 8257690 21954701 7078068 18219229 2883826 6094959 100000 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpolation of two values in two different files

Dear All, I have two files which contain numerical data and strings. I want to create a new file that only revise numerical data from two files using interpolation. I guess AWK works, but I am new on AWK. FileA.txt . . index_2("0.1, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32"); values("0.0330208, 0.0345557,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace Stub Values In One Group Of Files With Actual Values From Another Group Of Files

I have two directories of files (new-config-files and old-config-files): new-config-files/this-db/config.inc.php new-config-files/that-db/config.inc.php new-config-files/old-db/config.inc.php new-config-files/new-db/config.inc.php new-config-files/random-database/config.inc.php etc. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
4 Replies
uuaids(8c)																uuaids(8c)

Name
       uucompact, uumkspool, uurespool, uupoll - uucp utilities

Syntax
       uucompact -ssystem
       uumkspool system ...
       uurespool [ -t# ]
       uupoll system ...

Description
       All of the commands are located in

The  command  compacts  uucp  system spool directories and associated subdirectories. If system is ALL, then all existing uucp system spool
       directories are compacted.  Otherwise, only the specified system spool directory is compacted.  If no system is	specified,  is	compacted.
       If  is stopped before it is finished, it can be restarted without reprocessing directories.  The command continues processing where it left
       off during it's previous instantiation.

The command makes a per system spool directory and associated subdirectories for each of the specified systems.	For example, if system	is
       mk3 and if the local system name is penny, the following directories are created:
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/C.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/X.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.penny
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.penny
       The  command  moves files from old spool directories to	new spool directories.	Because the structure of the spool directories has changed
       from older versions of it is necessary to respool old spooled files to new spool directories in at least two instances:

o    When installing the current version of

o    When creating a new system spool directory for each system.

In the latter case, it is necessary to move files from to the new spool directories.  To ease this task, moves files that have been spooled
       in  one	of 4 formats and respools them under the new spooling structure.  The format is specified by the -t# option, where the number sign
       (#) can be any one of the following:

o   Original spool - All files are in

o   Split spool - Contains the subdirectories

o   Modified split spool -  Contains all subdirectories listed in split spool, and

o   Used when a new system directory has been created and spool files must be moved from the DEFAULT directory to the new system directory.

The command forces a connect attempt to the named systems even if recent attempts have failed, but not if the file prohibits the call.  For
       example, the file will prohibit the call if it is the wrong time of day.  Thus, the should be monitored for messages about the connection.

Files
       Spool directory

Logfile

See Also
       mail(1), uucp(1c), uux(1c)

uuaids(8c)