Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting saving values in file in an array in awk Post 302276448 by npatwardhan on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 08:05:38 PM
Old 01-13-2009
thanks a lot for your help.. that worked perfect.. just one last question.. is there a quick and dirty way to get rid of the last comma in the last column? since my FS is a comma it is picking up an extra column after the last column..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving awk value in a bash array variable

hi all i am trying to save an awk value into an array in bash: total=`awk '{sum+=$3} END {print sum}' "$count".txt"` ((count++)) the above statement is in a while loop.. $count is to keep track of file numbers (1.txt,2.txt,3.txt,etc.) i get the following error: ./lines1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving values from awk expression into shell array

hi i am trying to save the values i extract from a file with the help of awk in a bash shell array. i have: exec 10<file2 while read LINE <&10; do ARRAY1=$(awk '{print $1}' file2) ((count++)) done echo ${ARRAY1} it prints just blank lines. file1 has two columns and i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching values using awk and storing into array

hi all I am using awk utility to parse the file and fetching two different vaues from two different record of a record set. I am able to see the result, now i want to store the result and perform some check of each values form database to mark valid and invalid. could you please help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhald
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with lookup values on AWK associative array

I'm at wits end with this issue and my troubleshooting leads me to believe it is a problem with the file formatting of the array referenced by my script: awk -F, '{if (NR==FNR) {a=$4","$3","$2}\ else {print a "," $0}}' WBTSassignments1.txt RNCalarms.tmp On the WBTSassignments1.txt file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonHamm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping Unix Variable Array values into AWK

#ksh Here is my code: ERRORLIST="43032 12001 12002 12003 12004 34019 49015 49016 49017 49018 49024 49025 49026 58004 72003 12005 12006 12007 12008 12011 12012 16024 16023" for ERROR in ${ERRORLIST} do awk -v l="$lastdate" '/^....-..-../&&$0>l{d=$0}d&&/Error: '"${ERROR}"'/{print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k1ko
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving file content in arrays using AWK

Hi, im new to shell scripting. i have a query for which i have searched your forums but coulndt get what i need. i have a file that has two records of exactly the same length and format and they are comma seperated. i need to save the first and the second columns of the input file to 2 different... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: atikan
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK- extracting values from columns, saving them and gettins statistics

Hello, I am obviously quite new to unix and awk. I need to parse certain columns of a file (delimited by spaces), and somehow save the value of this column somewhere, together with the value of the column just after it (by pairs; so something like ). I'm then supposed to count the times that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: acsg
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in awk outputs multiple values

Disclaimer: OP is 100% Awk beginner. I use this code on ASCII files I need to report against. awk 'BEGIN { tokens = 0 tokens = 0 tokens = 0 } { for (token in tokens) { if ($1 == token){print $0; tokens++;}}} END {for (token in tokens){ if( tokens ==... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning array values using awk in shell scripting

hi My script as below #!/bin/ksh for i in `seq 1 7` do a=$(awk '{print $i}' /home/rama/expenese.txt) done for i in `seq 1 7` do echo "${a}" done content of expense.txt is as below 5032 210179 3110 132813874 53488966 11459221 5300794 I want output as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramakrishna V
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk saving field of first file into array

Hello guys, I just start trying out AWK and encounter a problem, I try to think a bit but seems my way is incorrect. I have two input file, with the first file has only one field, the second file has 3 fields, I suppose to do stuffs to them by writing an awk program, kinda sort them out. Since I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RozenKristal
15 Replies
DB2_FIELD_PRECISION(3)							 1						    DB2_FIELD_PRECISION(3)

db2_field_precision - Returns the precision of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_precision (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the precision of the indicated column in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the precision of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_precision(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_PRECISION(3)