Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Open Server Ethernet Printer
Operating Systems SCO Open Server Ethernet Printer Post 302276442 by montypitts on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 07:15:09 PM
Old 01-13-2009
I have same problem...

I also have a Zebra label printer hooked to an SCO OpenServer 6 system, and can't get it to work I ALSO run Realworld. So, I am very curious as to how you fixed this problem, and look forward to reading on this forum. I know this is against the rules, Smilie but since you use Unix AND Realworld, you are a very scarce bird. Would appreciate a call so we can collaborate on the Realworld issues at 1-800-900-7224. Look forward to your call.

And to the Administrators...thanks for letting me get away with this on the Realworld issue...Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO Open Server.

Dear All, I am considering installing SCO Open Server as an alternative to MS Exchange. Has anybody had any real world experience of using Open Office? Thanks, TC. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TCuk
1 Replies

2. SuSE

open SUSE 11.0 and its printer configuration

Does anybody who uses open SUSE 11.0? I have used open SUSE 10.2 for about 18 months. Today I installed open SUSE 11.0 The printer does not work. I tried all the tricks tweak it. My printer is an old one. It is HP Deskjet 5600 series. It works fine. I did the configuration using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open a socket on a server

Hello, I want to test a firewall rule between 2 servers A & B. I need a command that will open a socket on the server A such as: themagiccommand MyPort And on the client server B, i will run the command telnet IP_serverA Myport Can you help me ? Thank you Gunther (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunbol
0 Replies

4. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To print directly from the remote server to a local printer.

Hello Guys Is there any way To print a file directly from the remote server to a local printer.. ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

[RHEL4.5] server shutdown when I unplug the ethernet cable

hi.. I unplug my eth0 lan cable.. and suddenly my system shutdown... no idea :eek::confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
3 Replies

7. AIX

Idenity no of ethernet cards on the server

How can I identify how many ethernet adapter cards I have on the server from the below ouput ? $>lsdev -Cc adapter | grep ent ent0 Available 06-08 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-X Adapter (14106902) ent1 Available 07-08 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-X Adapter (14108902) ent2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1 Server with 2 ethernet cards IP on seperate network. Possible?

Hi All, I have just setup a webserver running on a linux box. This server has 2 ethernet cards and only 1 is in used now. eg. 192.168.10.1 is my server IP. All users from 192.168.10.X can access my webserver. However, users from another LAN 10.10.10.X are not able to access my webserver. They... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackma
0 Replies

9. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Printer problem on Solaris 10 server

Hi everyone, I am new here and I just want to ask for the expert advice from you guys about the problem/issue I am encountering with network printer defined on a Solaris 10 machine. I have this printer named 'printerA' which I already added via printmgr utility. As an output, here is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: triptrops
4 Replies
lprsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       lprsetup(8)

Name
       lprsetup - printer spooler set up program

Syntax
       /etc/lprsetup

Description
       The command provides an interactive easy-to-use facility for administrating the line printers on your system.  The program contains on-line
       help and default answers to questions about adding, deleting, or changing the characteristics of any of the line printers on  your  system.
       Whenever  a  question  is  asked,  the  default	selection  is given in ] .  You can press Return in response to the question to accept the
       default, or enter an alternate value for the given parameter.

The program knows about all of the possible symbols in the file.  See for a current list.  After you have entered a printer  specification,
       and  have  verified  that  it  is  correct,  then creates the spooling directory, links the output filter, and creates an entry for the new
       printer.

If the printer is connected to your system, you must specify the printer device name which is in the lp printcap entry.

If lp is set to nn you are prompted to choose between or If your printer is connected to a port on your system, choose the default setting,
       If you choose you are prompted for the baud rate, br.  The default is the recommended baud rate for the printer.

If  you	want  to set up your printer to a LAT line, choose the option.	At this point, proceeds only if you have chosen a valid LAT device
       for lp.	It assumes that the LAT device has been configured for host initiated connections using If it has not, you must do this before the
       queue works.  For information about how to set up a LAT line, see Chapter 3 of the Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers.

If  lp  is  set	to another device, for example the program assumes that you are setting up a printer with a parallel port, for example, It
       does not prompt you for device type information, and serial port specific entries are not put into the entry.

See Also
       printcap(5), lpc(8), MAKEDEV(8)
       Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers
       Guide to System Environment Setup

lprsetup(8)