Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Calling a .bat file using Korn script Post 302276269 by bhagya2340 on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 11:22:04 AM
Old 01-13-2009
Mmmm no i thought about it.... actually we are going to put this Ksh script on cron tab... so we want the ksh script to trigger the bat file so it generates the required file which is then FTPed to unix box...
When i say triggering i mean it should run the bat file...
I dont know about rsh daemon on windows... I am thinking to have rsh command in between my ftp.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script to keep history of same file

Hello, How do I write a korn shell that will rename file with the current date. What I want to do is, I have a file that is re-written every day. But instead, I want to keep a 14 day history of the file. So I want to write a script that will rename the current file with a date attached to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: watson2000
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script from .bat file

hi how can I execute a shell script on unix server from a .bat file of windows desktop?? Regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bat or .pl script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

.bat script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write output to a file using Korn shell script

All, Can anyone please help me with the below scenario in korn shell script. Can anyone please give me some hints to proceed on this. I have a Flat file of the below format. Input file format:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp999
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling PERL from a Korn shell script

I am currently in Afghanistan and do not have access to some of the resources I normally do back in the US. Just accessed this site and it looks promising! Hopefully you will not find my question too much of a waste of your time. I write mostly Korn Shell and PERL on Solaris systems for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mseanowen
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on file size in Korn script

I need to split a file if it is over 2GB in size (or any size), preferably split on the lines. I have figured out how to get the file size using awk, and I can split the file based on the number of lines (which I got with wc -l) but I can't figure out how to connect them together in the script. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssemple2000
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate file count in korn shell script

Hi, I have files in the directory like below which I need to validate if all the required files are present. A_B_001 of 002_time1.txt A_B_002 of 002_time1.txt A_B_001 of 001_time2.txt Scenarios- a)If file with 001 of 002_time1 or 002 of 002_time1 is missing in the folder,script should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multithreading - Calling user function with xargs in korn shell

I know there are other ways of accomplishing the below task, but the purpose of this thread is to understand the below code. I wanted to use xargs with user defined function in korn shell. Am aware, that I could write custom function into a script and place it in FPATH and then call it in xargs,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luhah
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies
WNPP-CHECK(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WNPP-CHECK(1)

NAME
wnpp-check - check if a package is being packaged or if this has been requested SYNOPSIS
wnpp-check package ... wnpp-check --help|--version DESCRIPTION
wnpp-check downloads the lists of packages which are listed as being packaged (ITPed) or for which a package has been requested (RFPed) from the WNPP website and lists any packages supplied on the command line which appear in those lists. Note that WNPP, and therefore wnpp-check's output, is source package based. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. SEE ALSO
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp EXIT STATUS
0 None of the packages supplied has an open ITP or RFP 1 Either an error occurred or at least one package supplied has an open ITP or RFP AUTHOR
wnpp-check was written by David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com>; this man page was written by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> for the devscripts package. wnpp-check was originally based on wnpp-alert, which was written by Arthur Korn <arthur@korn.ch> and modified by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org> for the devscripts package. Both scripts are in the public domain. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WNPP-CHECK(1)