Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Calling a .bat file using Korn script Post 302276257 by Ikon on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 11:00:08 AM
Old 01-13-2009
SO you have 2 servers? A windows box and a unix box...

You want the unix box to trigger a script on the windows box?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script to keep history of same file

Hello, How do I write a korn shell that will rename file with the current date. What I want to do is, I have a file that is re-written every day. But instead, I want to keep a 14 day history of the file. So I want to write a script that will rename the current file with a date attached to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: watson2000
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script from .bat file

hi how can I execute a shell script on unix server from a .bat file of windows desktop?? Regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bat or .pl script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

.bat script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write output to a file using Korn shell script

All, Can anyone please help me with the below scenario in korn shell script. Can anyone please give me some hints to proceed on this. I have a Flat file of the below format. Input file format:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp999
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling PERL from a Korn shell script

I am currently in Afghanistan and do not have access to some of the resources I normally do back in the US. Just accessed this site and it looks promising! Hopefully you will not find my question too much of a waste of your time. I write mostly Korn Shell and PERL on Solaris systems for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mseanowen
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on file size in Korn script

I need to split a file if it is over 2GB in size (or any size), preferably split on the lines. I have figured out how to get the file size using awk, and I can split the file based on the number of lines (which I got with wc -l) but I can't figure out how to connect them together in the script. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssemple2000
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate file count in korn shell script

Hi, I have files in the directory like below which I need to validate if all the required files are present. A_B_001 of 002_time1.txt A_B_002 of 002_time1.txt A_B_001 of 001_time2.txt Scenarios- a)If file with 001 of 002_time1 or 002 of 002_time1 is missing in the folder,script should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multithreading - Calling user function with xargs in korn shell

I know there are other ways of accomplishing the below task, but the purpose of this thread is to understand the below code. I wanted to use xargs with user defined function in korn shell. Am aware, that I could write custom function into a script and place it in FPATH and then call it in xargs,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luhah
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies
Box(3I) 						    InterViews Reference Manual 						   Box(3I)

NAME
Box, HBox, VBox - tile interactors in a box SYNOPSIS
#include <InterViews/box.h> DESCRIPTION
A box is a scene of interactors that are tiled side-by-side in the available space. Interactors are placed left-to-right in a horizontal box, and top-to-bottom in a vertical box. A box will try to stretch or shrink the interactors inside it to fit the available space. The natural size of a box is the sum of its ele- ments along the major axis, and the maximum along its minor axis. A box's stretchability (shrinkability) is the sum of its elements along its major axis and the minimum of its elements along its minor axis. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
HBox(...) VBox(...) Create a new box. Zero to seven interactors may be passed as arguments; the interactors are inserted into the box. void Align(Alignment) Set the alignment mode that the box uses to place elements along the minor axis. The default alignment for an hbox is Bottom; other choices are Top and Center. The default alignment for a vbox is Left; other choices are Right and Center. void Insert(Interactor*) Append an interactor to the box. Components of an hbox (vbox) will appear left-to-right (top-to-bottom) in the order in which they are inserted. void Change(Interactor*) Notify the box that the given interactor's shape has changed. If change propagation is true, the box will modify its own shape to reflect the change and notify its parent. Regardless of propagation, the box will recompute the positions of the component interac- tors and update any that have changed. void Remove(Interactor*) Take an element of out a box. Remove does not cause any immediate change to the other components in the box; the Change operation must be called after one or more Removes to update the component positions. SEE ALSO
Glue(3I), Interactor(3I), Scene(3I), Shape(3I) InterViews 15 June 1987 Box(3I)