Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers detect file size then quit or continue Post 302276236 by steven99 on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 10:08:32 AM
Old 01-13-2009
I tried the above code, replace myfile.csv with the proper file name and didn't add my code to the bottom yet. Got the following errors:

%sh checkfilesize1
: not found
ls: fts_open: No such file or directory
awk: syntax error at source line 1
context is
>>> +{ <<<
awk: bailing out at source line 1
: bad variable name
checkfilesize1: 17: Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "then")
%

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continue Script when File Found

Hello All, I am trying to write a script that will only continue executing my script if a file exits. I know the directory of the file, so its just a matter of seeing if the file exists yet. If the file has not yet been created, I want the script to wait 10 minutes (600 seconds) and try again.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Miguel
7 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl how to exit a while loop and quit reading the input file

I am reading a file using While loop while <FILE> { $_ = <FILE>; process data... } I would like to quit reading the file once I encounter a String pattern. How do i do it. is it if (/SUMMARY/) { last; } I am having problems with uninitialized value in pattern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subhap
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if no file then quit

I have a script that run several subscripts. I need to find out how to do two things. First I would like to check for a file and if that file is not there I want to quit the entire script without running the rest of the script which contain subscripts. If the file is there, I want it to continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script check for file, alert if not there, and continue checking until file arrives

All, Is there a way to keep checking for a file over and over again in the same script for an interval of time? Ie If { mail -user continue checking until file arrives file arrives tasks exit I don't want the script to run each time and email the user each time a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from a file in unix(Continue from previous thread)

Hi This is continuation of previos thread status=running username=abc password=123456 server=linux The script was made which is used to capture the data from file ./scr test status It will give result running I have a case like status = running username=abc password=123456... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a file in vi and automatically save and quit this file using shell script

Hi friends, In my shell script, I want to open a file using vi editor. After opening the file in vi, I want to save and quit this file automatically.... all through shell script. the code segment is: ------------------------------------------------------------ cd ~/netfpga/projects/scone/sw/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinteotia
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wait and continue if directory stays same size

hi all, i want to make a bash script so it can monitor directory sizes ie if it stays the same size (for a certain time) i want it to run the script but if there still copying and the directory increases in size do not run the script i have heard "inotifywait" can do this, but theres... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If file pattern exists in directory then continue

he below looks in $dir for any pattern of fileone. As is, it executes but only returns File found if the exact format in the script exsists. Why isn't a pattern of fileone being looked for and if it is in $dir, File found. I think that is what should happen. Thank you :). dir=/path/to if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
mlmmj-maintd(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   mlmmj-maintd(1)

NAME
mlmmj-maintd - maintenance for mlmmj maintained lists SYNOPSIS
mlmmj-maintd [-F] [-d | -L] /path/to/dir -d: Full path to directory with lists -L: Full path to list directory -F: Don't fork, performing one maintenance run only. DESCRIPTION
This is the program doing the maintenance for an mlmmj based mailing list. It will unsubscribe people who have bounced for long enough, send out bounce probes, resend mails that couldn't be delivered to relayhost, clean out stale requests for e.g. subscription, resend list mails and clean up leftover files etc. If a directory containing several lists exists, the -d can be used to specify this, making mlmmj-maintd perform a maintenance run in every listdir below the specified one. Only either -d or -L can be specified at the same time. It will run as a daemon, unless the -F switch is specified, in which case it just runs once. The -F option should be used when one wants to avoid running another daemon, and use e.g. cron to control it instead. In case cron is used, mlmmj-maintd should be run every 2 hours or so. An example crontab entry: 0 */2 * * * /usr/bin/mlmmj-maintd -F -L /path/to/list AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the following persons: Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org> (based on html2man output) Mads Martin Jorgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> mlmmj-maintd September 2004 mlmmj-maintd(1)