Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Calling a .bat file using Korn script Post 302276188 by bhagya2340 on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 08:14:36 AM
Old 01-13-2009
I am sorry i dont know that... can ypu say me how i can check that....??
Actually we have a cron which we use for sheduling the .ksh scripts on Unix box... now i have a .bat or .vbs file on my windows server which i want to trigger using ksh or corn so the conversion of file for .xls to .csv is done automatically.
I general we do FTP all of files form windows to Unixbox using FTP code in our ksh scripts... is there anyway i can trigger this bat file form cron or by Ksh script...

Please enlight me...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script to keep history of same file

Hello, How do I write a korn shell that will rename file with the current date. What I want to do is, I have a file that is re-written every day. But instead, I want to keep a 14 day history of the file. So I want to write a script that will rename the current file with a date attached to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: watson2000
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script from .bat file

hi how can I execute a shell script on unix server from a .bat file of windows desktop?? Regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bat or .pl script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

.bat script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write output to a file using Korn shell script

All, Can anyone please help me with the below scenario in korn shell script. Can anyone please give me some hints to proceed on this. I have a Flat file of the below format. Input file format:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp999
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling PERL from a Korn shell script

I am currently in Afghanistan and do not have access to some of the resources I normally do back in the US. Just accessed this site and it looks promising! Hopefully you will not find my question too much of a waste of your time. I write mostly Korn Shell and PERL on Solaris systems for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mseanowen
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on file size in Korn script

I need to split a file if it is over 2GB in size (or any size), preferably split on the lines. I have figured out how to get the file size using awk, and I can split the file based on the number of lines (which I got with wc -l) but I can't figure out how to connect them together in the script. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssemple2000
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate file count in korn shell script

Hi, I have files in the directory like below which I need to validate if all the required files are present. A_B_001 of 002_time1.txt A_B_002 of 002_time1.txt A_B_001 of 001_time2.txt Scenarios- a)If file with 001 of 002_time1 or 002 of 002_time1 is missing in the folder,script should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multithreading - Calling user function with xargs in korn shell

I know there are other ways of accomplishing the below task, but the purpose of this thread is to understand the below code. I wanted to use xargs with user defined function in korn shell. Am aware, that I could write custom function into a script and place it in FPATH and then call it in xargs,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luhah
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies
WNPP-CHECK(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WNPP-CHECK(1)

NAME
wnpp-check - check if a package is being packaged or if this has been requested SYNOPSIS
wnpp-check package ... wnpp-check --help|--version DESCRIPTION
wnpp-check downloads the lists of packages which are listed as being packaged (ITPed) or for which a package has been requested (RFPed) from the WNPP website and lists any packages supplied on the command line which appear in those lists. Note that WNPP, and therefore wnpp-check's output, is source package based. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. SEE ALSO
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp EXIT STATUS
0 None of the packages supplied has an open ITP or RFP 1 Either an error occurred or at least one package supplied has an open ITP or RFP AUTHOR
wnpp-check was written by David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com>; this man page was written by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> for the devscripts package. wnpp-check was originally based on wnpp-alert, which was written by Arthur Korn <arthur@korn.ch> and modified by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org> for the devscripts package. Both scripts are in the public domain. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WNPP-CHECK(1)