Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development How do I verify my web visitor is still online Post 302276149 by heman007 on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 06:42:37 AM
Old 01-13-2009
Data How do I verify my web visitor is still online

Hello every one,

I have a little issue that has been killing me now for the past couple of days, I have tried to find solutions online, but its been hard to, ok here it goes...

I have created a site that is based on amount of user that have access at a time, based on cookie. So if the browser is closed, I am able to remove user from my database, however, when the pc freezes or pc just shuts down, I can't tell the database that user has been removed.

I am looking for a solution via shell if possible, maybe based on the user ip, shell checks database and checks if this ip is active, and if not the user is removed from database, then I can add to cron job.

Any help, I would be gratefull thank you

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: visitor graphs

Perhaps we could think of visitor graphs that would give a sense of both the popularity of the forum and - more importantly - the popularity of Linux and the Open Source operating systems movement. Something similar to what sourceforge has done for their projects: SourceForge.net: Project... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies
jfs_logdump(8)						  JFS utility - journal log dump					    jfs_logdump(8)

NAME
jfs_logdump - dump a JFS formatted device's journal log SYNOPSIS
jfs_logdump [ -a ] device DESCRIPTION
jfs_logdump dumps the contents of the journal log from the specified JFS formatted device into output file ./jfslog.dmp. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device from which the journal log will be dumped (e.g. /dev/hdb1 ). jfs_logdump must be run as root. OPTIONS
-a Dump the entire contents of the journal log instead of just the committed transactions since the last synch point. EXAMPLE
Dump the entire JFS journal log from the 3rd partition of the 2nd hard disk into ./jfslog.dmp: jfs_logdump -a /dev/hdb3 REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_logdump, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including any jfs_logdump error messages and the complete output of running jfs_fsck with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
jfs_fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. jfs_logdump is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ October 29, 2002 jfs_logdump(8)