Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Scripting Post 302276087 by raji35 on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 02:07:02 AM
Old 01-13-2009
hi
Thanks a lot
but there can be any number of fields in a line.

so we would not be able to specify field numbers 5,7 etc.
Even the data R001 is for example. it can even be as " lik that, we are". so even in this we will b having , seperator

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

4. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting

Hey I have a data in the file named as outputFile.txt. The data is in the format 123456,12345678912345,400,09/09/09,INACTIVE. I want this output without commas ie 12345612345678912345400090909INACTIVE. Please tell me what to do and clear explain all the terms, as I am new to it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampandey31
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting

Hi, if in a network there are lots of PCs connected with either windows or linux as operating system.Then what will be the shell script for the same and also if the PC has linux in it then we have to find if it is occupied or unoccupied. If the PC has windows in it then we have to find if it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akansha singh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in Shell Scripting

Hi there please have a look at the code..i want to create Using a named pipe. Run a find in the background starting in the working directory While this is happening wait for input from the user to ask him which file to find. If the user does not enter any data in 10 seconds ask the user again.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattak1511
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
XtPopup(3)							   XT FUNCTIONS 							XtPopup(3)

NAME
XtPopup, XtPopupSpringLoaded, XtCallbackNone, XtCallbackNonexclusive, XtCallbackExclusive - map a pop-up SYNTAX
void XtPopup(Widget popup_shell, XtGrabKind grab_kind); void XtPopupSpringLoaded(Widget popup_shell); void XtCallbackNone(Widget w, XtPointer client_data, XtPointer call_data): void XtCallbackNonexclusive(Widget w, XtPointer client_data, XtPointer call_data); void XtCallbackExclusive(Widget w, XtPointer client_data, XtPointer call_data); void MenuPopup(String shell_name); ARGUMENTS
call_data Specifies the callback data, which is not used by this procedure. client_data Specifies the pop-up shell. grab_kind Specifies the way in which user events should be constrained. popup_shell Specifies the widget shell. w Specifies the widget. DESCRIPTION
The XtPopup function performs the following: o Calls XtCheckSubclass to ensure popup_shell is a subclass of Shell. o Generates an error if the shell's popped_up field is already True. o Calls the callback procedures on the shell's popup_callback list. o Sets the shell popped_up field to True, the shell spring_loaded field to False, and the shell grab_kind field from grab_kind. o If the shell's create_popup_child field is non-NULL, XtPopup calls it with popup_shell as the parameter. o If grab_kind is either XtGrabNonexclusive or XtGrabExclusive, it calls: XtAddGrab(popup_shell, (grab_kind == XtGrabExclusive), False) o Calls XtRealizeWidget with popup_shell specified. o Calls XMapWindow with popup_shell specified. The XtPopupSpringLoaded function performs exactly as XtPopup except that it sets the shell spring_loaded field to True and always calls XtAddGrab with exclusive True and spring_loaded True. The XtCallbackNone, XtCallbackNonexclusive, and XtCallbackExclusive functions call XtPopup with the shell specified by the client data argument and grab_kind set as the name specifies. XtCallbackNone, XtCallbackNonexclusive, and XtCallbackExclusive specify XtGrabNone, XtGrabNonexclusive, and XtGrabExclusive, respectively. Each function then sets the widget that executed the callback list to be insensi- tive by using XtSetSensitive. Using these functions in callbacks is not required. In particular, an application must provide customized code for callbacks that create pop-up shells dynamically or that must do more than desensitizing the button. MenuPopup is known to the translation manager, which must perform special actions for spring-loaded pop-ups. Calls to MenuPopup in a translation specification are mapped into calls to a nonexported action procedure, and the translation manager fills in parameters based on the event specified on the left-hand side of a translation. If MenuPopup is invoked on ButtonPress (possibly with modifiers), the translation manager pops up the shell with grab_kind set to XtGrabEx- clusive and spring_loaded set to True. If MenuPopup is invoked on EnterWindow (possibly with modifiers), the translation manager pops up the shell with grab_kind set to XtGrabNonexclusive and spring_loaded set to False. Otherwise, the translation manager generates an error. When the widget is popped up, the following actions occur: o Calls XtCheckSubclass to ensure popup_shell is a subclass of Shell. o Generates an error if the shell's popped_up field is already True. o Calls the callback procedures on the shell's popup_callback list. o Sets the shell popped_up field to True and the shell grab_kind and spring_loaded fields appropriately. o If the shell's create_popup_child field is non-NULL, it is called with popup_shell as the parameter. o Calls: XtAddGrab(popup_shell, (grab_kind == XtGrabExclusive), spring_loaded) o Calls XtRealizeWidget with popup_shell specified. o Calls XMapWindow with popup_shell specified. (Note that these actions are the same as those for XtPopup.) MenuPopup tries to find the shell by searching the widget tree starting at the parent of the widget in which it is invoked. If it finds a shell with the specified name in the pop-up children of that parent, it pops up the shell with the appropriate parameters. Otherwise, it moves up the parent chain as needed. If MenuPopup gets to the applica- tion widget and cannot find a matching shell, it generates an error. SEE ALSO
XtCreatePopupShell(3), XtPopdown(3) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.3 XtPopup(3)