Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lines Concatenated with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lines Concatenated with awk Post 302275952 by joeyg on Monday 12th of January 2009 03:55:51 PM
Old 01-12-2009
Hammer & Screwdriver dos2unix and unix2dos

You might want to investigate dos2unix and unix2dos. These two commands help convert files to adjust for the differences in file structures.
I know that I use these frequently to handle CR (carriage return) and LF (line feed) issues.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disksuite Raid 0 Concatenated Volume - booting from cdrom

Hello, If I boot up from install media in single user mode (Solaris 9 - if it matters), will I be able to mount a concatenated volume? I have combined several disks into one non-os filesystem and I want to be able to mount it while booted in single user mode from cdrom. i.e., mount... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calmgreen
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Concatenated Words With Largest Strings First

hello, I had posted earlier help for a script for splitting concatenated words . The script was supposed to read words from a master file and split concatenated words in the slave/input file. Thanks to the help I got, the following script which works very well was posted. It detects residues by... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting non unique lines from concatenated files

Hi All, Is there a way to get NON unique lines from 2 or more concatenated files? Basically I have several files which are very similar with the exception of few lines and I want to find out which lines are different in each file. Very simple example is file1 contains: 1 2 3 4 5file2... (122 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
122 Replies

4. Solaris

Need to attach one slice with existing concatenated volume

Hi I need to add new slice to existing concatenated volume. Please let me know the process to do the same I have d0 concatenated volume which consist of c1t0d0s7 & c1t2d0s0 bash-3.00# df -h /export/home Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash/Makefile] Concatenated string of filenames?

How would I go about storing a list of files in a sub-directory into a variable for argument passing? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChazZeromus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only lines where fields concatenated match strings

Hello everyone, Maybe somebody could help me with an awk script. I have this input (field separator is comma ","): 547894982,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900027,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900023,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,54,3,1,1 234900028,M|H|J,S|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900030,M|N|J,U|F|P,98,101,0,1,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look up 2 files and print the concatenated output

file 1 Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1234" Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1344" Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1124" .. .. .. .. Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="8901" file 2 Sun Mar 17 00:02:47 2013 1234 execute SUCCEEDED Sun Mar 17... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
24 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging multiple lines to columns with awk, while inserting commas for missing lines

Hello all, I have a large csv file where there are four types of rows I need to merge into one row per person, where there is a column for each possible code / type of row, even if that code/row isn't there for that person. In the csv, a person may be listed from one to four times... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RalphNY
9 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)